Beyond the Scion & more, an Interview with EssGee

Presentazione degli ultimi livelli in lavorazione / Presentation of the latest Level on work

Moderatore: LoreRaider

Lara for ever
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Beyond the Scion & more, an Interview with EssGee

Messaggio da Lara for ever »

I have just made another Interview, this time with EssGee. Next to a first view to his current new project we also have a look back to all the so far levels of him. And new material, of course, as screenshots and trailers.
You can find the interview here: (please, scroll down the page for the english version)

http://trcastle.plusboard.de/preview-be ... t1433.html
Blu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Messaggio da Blu »

Great! Thanks Jürgen :D

Nuova interessante intervista di Jürgen al grande EssGee :) , la potete trovare per ora in tedesco ed inglese all'indirizzo riportato nel suo post e presto anche in italiano su ASP.com :)

(asap we'll translate also in italian language and we'll insert in the ASP.com interview page :approved: )

Golden Reviewer (157 Golden Award)
Lara for ever
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Messaggio da Lara for ever »

I already thought nobody would notice. :mumble:
LollyJolie
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Messaggio da LollyJolie »

EssGee? :love:
Bellissimi screensavers!!

Guest Reviewer (7)
Delta

Messaggio da Delta »

Wow, ma cos'è un remake di TRAnniversary e Legend? *o*

Bronze Reviewer (10 Bronze Award)
EssGee
New TR Player

Re: Beyond the Scion & more, an Interview with EssGee

Messaggio da EssGee »

All being well, sometime March 1 - Beyond The Scion will be released. :)

Today, the completion of this game represents the end of a three and half year chapter of my life. It's the biggest TRLE challenge that I've ever taken on. I've spent far too many hours building it :sbam: , but it's a hobby I love doing. My testers (Raymond, eTux, Treeble, QRS, mugs, Gerty and Dutchy) have worked tirelessly to make this game as technically correct as possible, and I am indebted to them for their efforts. But as always the final responsibility lies with me - the builder. So I hope that you enjoy the game and your passage through the game is trouble-free.

There will be two versions of the game released - Normal Difficulty and Hard Difficulty.
Once you have downloaded either or both Packages, please take the time to at least look at the readme. It does contain important information, including an explanation of the Secret Reward System and includes all dialogues from cutscenes and game conversations, which you may wish to refer to later on.
The main differences between the two versions are that in the Hard version some of the enemies are harder to battle, timed runs are tighter, a few less camera clues, and there is less inventory (medipacks/flares/ammo) given.
Game difficulty is a subjective thing depending on a player's playing style. Neither version is easy, however if you are not good with timed runs or don't want the challenge of some enemies that take more than a 'stand and shoot' strategy, then I suggest you choose the Normal version. It will still provide you with plenty of challenge, but should not be frustrating. Timed runs have been made generously fair in this version. Of course there is always the replay value, and the Hard version would certainly seem easier once you have learned what to do in the Normal version.
The Hard version is recommended for patient expert players who really like to be challenged. Don't fool yourself here though and don't complain because its too hard. If you are not up for some serious enemy battles that require some smart strategies to beat them, some knuckle-crunching tight timed runs and more care required when using your inventory then DON'T choose this version.
Note: Savegames are unlikely to be interchangeable between Hard and Normal Version.

In the meantime to give an appetizer, here is a link to a Promo Trailer: http://users.tpg.com.au/scottgg/Downloa ... railer.zip
and you can check out some screenshots at my web page: http://users.tpg.com.au/scottgg/htm/BeyondTheScion.htm
[Reinvent Yourself]

Messaggio da [Reinvent Yourself] »

OMG, it looks awesome :shock:

Bronze Reviewer (21 Bronze Award)
Taras

Messaggio da Taras »

I've just seen the trailer and screens. They are very beautiful, amazing ambients, animals, textures and architectures. Many compliments Esse Gee. :)
30th
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da 30th »

It looks amazing, EssGee! :shock:
Can't wait to join this adventure! :D
LGG_PRODUCTION
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Messaggio da LGG_PRODUCTION »

Wow, ma veramente in questo gioco ci sarà un "doppelganger" come quello di tr1 ???
ciccino
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da ciccino »

wow i can't wait,i love this project! :D :approved:

Bronze Reviewer (14 Bronze Award)
deskj
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da deskj »

complimenti per la previdenza, è uscito oggi XD

http://trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2254
ciccino
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da ciccino »

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii scaricoooooooooooo al voloooo

Bronze Reviewer (14 Bronze Award)
Drew
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Drew »

This level series is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!
I just arrived in Sri Lanka and everythig is so beautiful!!
The graphic, the gameplay the original ideas are fantastic!!
All the location are full of atmosperic and adventure!!!
I like it!!!Very good job EssGee!!!
Actually I'm playing with the standard difficult but when i'll finish it ( i hope never :D ) I'll replay it with difficult mode for sure, also I would like to find the secret that i missed! :)

Thanks for this masterpiece :hello:

Silver Reviewer (56 Silver Award)
EssGee
New TR Player

Messaggio da EssGee »

Thank you Naruto. That's very nice to read. :)

I think that's a good plan to play the versions in that order. You will know what to do in the hard version, you will just have to do it faster for timed runs and some trickier traps, and contend with some enemies being stronger.
Rispondi