Nixxes Software release the seventh PC patch for Rise of the Tomb Raider, build 1.0.668.0. This patch adds improvements for DX12 multi-GPU support (this includes NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX), as well as a variety of other fixes, like smaller optimizations, bug-fixes (save issue, other in Cold Darkness Awakens), tweaks and other, for details please see below.
This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client. If you are using the game on the Window Store, the update will be available in the near future, and will be downloaded by the Store automatically. We will update this thread when the Windows Store patch is live.
We recommend using the following drivers, especially for Multi-GPU:
AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.6.1-Release-Notes.aspx NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/104726/en-us
This patch includes the following improvements:
- Adds DirectX12 Multi-GPU support. Many of you have requested this, so DirectX 12 now supports NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX configurations.
- The benefits of DirectX 12 are still the same, but now you are less likely to be GPU bottlenecked and can reach higher framerates due to the improved CPU utilization DirectX 12 offers.
- Adds utilization of DirectX 12 Asynchronous Compute, on AMD GCN 1.1 GPUs and NVIDIA Pascal-based GPUs, for improved GPU performance.
- On the latest Windows 10 version, V-sync can now be disabled (Windows Store version), and behavior of disabled V-sync has been improved (Steam version).
- Improvements to stereoscopic 3D rendering, including fixes for NIVIDA Surround and AMD Eyefinity in combination with stereoscopic 3D.
- Improved default settings for certain integrated GPUs.
- Removes the Voidhammer Shotgun for users that do not have Cold Darkness Awakens DLC or have not yet unlocked it by rescuing prisoners in Cold Darkness Awakens.
- A fix for a save issue where some game state could get lost in very rare circumstances.
- This patch force-disables the Steam Overlay when using DirectX 12. This is due to stability issues with the Steam Overlay in combination with DirectX 12.
- A fix for crashes with VXAO enabled on NVIDIA GTX1080 cards.
- A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.
More infos about improvements and benefits of DX12 in this blog Microsoft article .