Learn english with AspideTR

[topic of the week: England]

Non solo Lara Croft: attualità, cultura, curiosità, sport e molto altro / Beyond Lara Croft: news, shows, curiosity, sport and more
Final Danielecker
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Final Danielecker »

Poldo
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Poldo »

Anyone good in english!!

Bronze Reviewer (12 Bronze Award)
antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

ok guys, I think it's time to change topic... :) (is it right???)
Well, I was thinking that now that we've chatted about our past with Tomb Raider, it could be good to talk about our expectation about the future of it..
What about Underworld, the others Tomb Raider that will be relased... ? :)

Bronze Reviewer (20 Bronze Award)
[i]You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one....[/i]
Greywolf
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Greywolf »

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I won't probably play Underworld: in my PC and in my notebook haven't the system requirements for this game!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well I'll try the demo version as soon as possible to check if my notebook at least can make this effort: the game could be only very very slow or I'll often have to use the button "reset", but this could be enough for me and I have great patience (patience is a virtue... Oh Lord! I'm such sad that I could write a list of platitudes... I stop before start something about weather and seasons! :( ).

I don't nourish the hope for being able to play Underwold, so my espectations about future of Tomb Raider are only about minimum system requrements: they could be within range of all computers! :mad:
I only fuel the hope for watching all videos from Underwold to know the plot of this new episode.

In fact Underworld's plot could be very dramatic and this may influence the next episodes in Tomb Raider saga, if Eidos should decide to make new ones. But I let scriptwriters all this work!

Golden Reviewer (122 Golden Award)
antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

I have the same problem Grey... my notebook is too old to play underworld.... :(
Maybe I'll take a ps2, but the pc version is better....

Poldo
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Poldo »

We need the Vertex Pixel Shader!
Without it we can't play Tomb Raider Underworld! :cry:

Ultima modifica di Poldo il 02 novembre 2008, 22:13, modificato 1 volta in totale.
SirCroft

Messaggio da SirCroft »

Poldo ha scritto:We need the Vertex Pixel Shader!
:wink:

Golden Reviewer (170 Golden Award) | Golden Award 07 |
Poldo
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Poldo »

Tanks you Sir!

antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

Poldo ha scritto:We need the Vertex Pixel Shader!
Well... also, we need a good computer... :asd:

Delta

Messaggio da Delta »

antoxx92 ha scritto:ok guys, I think it's time to change topic... :) (is it right???)
Well, I was thinking that now that we've chatted about our past with Tomb Raider, it could be good to talk about our expectation about the future of it..
What about Underworld, the others Tomb Raider that will be relased... ? :)
I think that the future with TR will be very different in comparison to the past :mumble: with the new generation of videogames, TR has lost its most important features like the exploration, the difficult in some puzzles and, according to me, the most important, the long time of duration of the game. However some others features are improved, for example, the plot and the way to expose it.
But if in a videogame there is a very good plot and a lot of good cutscenes but there isn't a good gameplay and longevity, the videogame is a bad videogame but a good movie :asd:
For our fortune, after TR Legend, Crystal is trying to improve all of the main features of the real Tomb Raider. I think that to reach to the results of Core by now is impossible but, in TRUnderworld, there is a very good improvement. I hope that the complete game and the other next TR will be still better :)

Bronze Reviewer (10 Bronze Award)
antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

A question: there is a difference between "lucky" and "fortune"?

Lucaraider
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Lucaraider »

OMG , my english is very orrible now , I can only read english but write english for me is impossible xD ( chissà cosa ho scritto xD ) oh , and I can play english videogames xD
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

"LuckY" is "someone who has LUCK", so I guess you were meaning LUCK ;)

Both the terms Luck and Fortune directely translate the Italian word FORTUNA, but with different acceptions:
- Luck is "fortuna" as we use it to indicate a combination of happy situations, such as finding money on a road or winning something (in Italian we would say "Sono stato fortunato"). We also use this term to whish GOOD luck or to indicate the contrary of these situations, BAD luck ;)
- Fortune is "fortuna" as we use it to indicate a good destiny or a brilliant quality of life... As we say, "Ha avuto fortuna", "vado in cerca di fortuna".
The main difference is that there is not BAD or GOOD fortune, as this term almost always indicates something good ;)

Platinum Reviewer (301 Platinum Award) :: Best Reviewer Apr 2021 :: | Bronze Award 19 | | Golden Award 20 |
Greywolf
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Greywolf »

Luck is blind, but bloody bad luck has a very sharp sight!

(is this sentence correct?)

To Lucaraider:

If I properly remember, last year you put videos from TR Anniversary on your website... and everybody could watch all the story of Lara and Natla. Are you going (if you are able) to do the same with Underworld too?

Golden Reviewer (122 Golden Award)
Poldo
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Poldo »

Don't worry be happy :asd:

Rispondi