Learn english with AspideTR

[topic of the week: England]

Non solo Lara Croft: attualità, cultura, curiosità, sport e molto altro / Beyond Lara Croft: news, shows, curiosity, sport and more
Zip 321
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Zip 321 »

Nillc ha scritto:
04 settembre 2020, 13:26
I started working again last week, I restarted going to the gym and I'm in the final stages of writing my second book
Those are great news :approved:

I've never been to Salento but i know it's a great place to visit :love:, one day i will i think :asd:
Places i've been in Italy are both Milan and Rome due to force majeure, i don't really like travelling a lot :sbam:
Nillc ha scritto:
04 settembre 2020, 13:26
I restarted going to the gym
During quarantine e last few months i've been working out at home, but obviously is not the same, but now that the office :roll: where i work opened again i can go the gym too, i will start next week :D

hope you won't have problems with your final stage and i wish you good luck with that :)
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

Thank you so much :)

Actually I worked out at home too during lockdown, but I gained weight :D I managed to loss two kilos from May to July, but then holidays came and, you know, in Salento there's a lot of great food to eat :D my trainer provided me with a new training schedule, I have 40 full minutes of cardiotonic and 1h of workout, I always come home with broken bones and I'm often too tired to do anything else, but I hold on hard and hope I will get back in shape in a few weeks :)

Platinum Reviewer (301 Platinum Award) :: Best Reviewer Apr 2021 :: | Bronze Award 19 | | Golden Award 20 |
Zip 321
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Zip 321 »

i always skip cardio session :asd: not for me :asd:

i'm too skinny and it's hard for me to gain weight from food and gym too even though i'd like to :cry:
I mean, i gained tons of strenght during this year thanks to the gym, but can't see results on my body and this struggles me.
And as same as you i do hold on hard to get the shape i want :D

C'mon i am sure we can do it :approved:
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

I don't remember (or even know :D) how old are you, but let me tell you: when I was in my 20s I was very skinny too, and I could work out for hours without any visible result :D after the 30s (I'm gonna be 33 in November) my body changed dramatically: I'm more muscular than I used to be, but I also get fat more easily :cry:

Platinum Reviewer (301 Platinum Award) :: Best Reviewer Apr 2021 :: | Bronze Award 19 | | Golden Award 20 |
Zip 321
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Zip 321 »

i am 23 right now, i see friends of mine that changed their body with gym gettin a lot of mass and i really envy them.

Is just that i need to eat more than the usual, i've been following a diet for a while ( not for losing weight but for gainin muscular mass ) and it didn't work a lot.
Having a job doesn't really help, i mean, i can't carry all i need to eat at the office so it's a bit hard for me to follow a diet at its 100% :cry:

hope things change in this winter, i will do my best :D

how are your final stages of the book going?
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

The book is well underway by now: I finished the first draft back in May, and I reviewed it four or fith times in the last months. The thing is that it's really, REALLY long: at first it was 300 Word-pages and over 1 million letters long! Now it's a little bit shorter, but my editor told me that it needs to be cut down for a total of 300.000 letters in order to be published. I'm doing my best but it's too hard a task to be accomplished. I'm planning to send it to my editor so that he entrusts it to a proof-reader.
I hope it will be out in spring :)

Zip 321
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Zip 321 »

oh wow, so you are saying that there are some rules to 'follow' on writing a book?
I mean, number of words to use ecc ..

imho (in my humble opinion ) that sounds pretty hard.

Hope it will be out in spring too :) i am not a reader but i can always give it a try :approved:
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

Well, we can't really say they're rules: they're more of standards, and each and every publishing house may or may not follow them, according to the cases. A 1 million-letters book is an over 500 pages book: readers usually choose shorter books (an average of 300 pages or so), so it may be less marketable; moreover it may be very expensive to print and a little publishing house (like mine :D) may not afford it OR may have to raise the price, making it even less saleable.
Anyway, my editor told me that if the story is enjoyable (I think it is :D) they may publish it as it is, and pump up marketing in order to sell it.

Zip 321
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Zip 321 »

Ohh, now i got it, depends on which publishing house you are working with.

My questions are:
Do you read your book more than 1 time to do some cuts or make changes?
Do these standars bother you?
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

Actually, I'm on my sixth reading/correcting session since May :D By now, I've learnt my book by heart :D
The standards doesn't bother me very much, actually: as a matter of facts, the book needed to be corrected anyway, and I cut down a lot of letters just by adjusting or rewriting sentences that in the first place I wrote badly. I started with 1 million and 80.000 letters, now I'm at 1 mln and 5000. The thing is that, in order to reach 700.000 letters, I'll have to cut down sequences and/or part of chapters in theri whole, and that's very hard and sad :?

Zip 321
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Zip 321 »

well the important thing is that the meaning of the book remains that :)

I can understand corrections, is ok to make some of them, but well, if i write a specific sentence and i like the way it is and then i have to cut down, that would bother me a lot because the risk to lose the meaning is pretty high :sbam:
Rispondi