Learn english with AspideTR

[topic of the week: England]

Non solo Lara Croft: attualità, cultura, curiosità, sport e molto altro / Beyond Lara Croft: news, shows, curiosity, sport and more
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

Poldo, please don't write things only for the pleasure to say someting. If you have something interesting to share with us, say it, otherwise please keep it for yourself.

Platinum Reviewer (301 Platinum Award) :: Best Reviewer Apr 2021 :: | Bronze Award 19 | | Golden Award 20 |
Poldo
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Poldo »

It's for Lucaraider's post...
Not is a my things :|

Bronze Reviewer (12 Bronze Award)
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

So quote Lucaraider's post or say that yours is directed to him. I still think you just put up something randomly.

Platinum Reviewer (301 Platinum Award) :: Best Reviewer Apr 2021 :: | Bronze Award 19 | | Golden Award 20 |
antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

ok guys, maybe it's better talk back about the topic...

Bronze Reviewer (20 Bronze Award)
[i]You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one....[/i]
Final Danielecker
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Final Danielecker »

Translation: We are off - topic :D
Today I've done the English Test... I hope that is going all ok... :)

Platinum Reviewer (363 Platinum Award) | Golden Award 08 || Bronze Award 09 - 10 |
antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

I did the deutsch test... It's a really hard language...
Anyway.. Hey, I didn't said what I think about the future of Tomb Raider....

Well... I think that since Tomb Raider 5 the true spirit of Lara Croft's adventures is dead.
Because of the big success of TR Eidos understood that it wasn't so important to take care of the game: Lara was carismatic, not Tomb Raider.
So we've seen movies, comics, commercials... And games ever more ugly...
Now with Crystal we have two games that are like watching a film (good plot, non existent gameplay)... But it's like they are understanding what a Raider want to play in a TR.
I hope Underworld will be good, not as the old tr, but anyway good...
I hope the exploretion will come back and the same thing for puzzles and totaly freedom....
I don't think that in a future Lara will have the old success that she had some years ago, but maybe it's a good thing, because it is a videogame, and the autors have to concentrate above all to it..

antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

Ok guys, time to change topic !! :D (also because nobody wants to whrite something else ^^)
So... We've talked about past and future of tomb raider...
Why don't we stop talking of tomb raider? Why don't we talk about halloween? 54_183 54_19 What did you do? (parties or something like..).
Do you wanna propose something else? :)

Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

Well on October 31st I'd had to go to the disco, but unluckyly I got ill :( I was veeeeery cold and I had a very little flu too, so I just spent the evening in a Café with my friends. We went there with a witch hat and we took loads of photos... it has been a pleasant evening after all, but I'd rather have gone to the disco :(

antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

Well, I was gone eating a pizza by my cousin's pizzeria... There were her friends, and a girl I dated too... It was quite emarassing... :asd:
But anyway it's been a good night... :)
The day after it I was gone out with friends and I found her again! Was she follwing me? XD
Lol, I'm joking...

Greywolf
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Greywolf »

I'm not used to celebrate Halloween: I think it's mainly a commercial recurrence. And my firends agree with me.
As every Friday, I went to the gym and then I met my friends.

I prefer celebrate November 1 with a lot of roast chestnuts and sweet wine (that's named "Cagnina")! 7_100

Golden Reviewer (122 Golden Award)
antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

well i think that a lot of parties are just a commercial thing...
but anyway it's just an occasion to meet our friends :)

Greywolf
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Greywolf »

To Antoxx:

I also like spend time in parties with persons I love, and I relize that every celebration is a commercial event: how much money is spent every year for Christmas? I don't like this and I try to reduce useless purchase.
But while Christmas (Easter and so on), belongs to our tradition, Halloween (and Valentine's day too) was "imported" from Ireland, Great Britain, America (and so on) only for trade reasons: November is a month far from the school beginning and Christmas (at the same way February is far from Christmas and Easter), and conumers are very very low; celebration of a recurrence is only a way to increase them.

In past time there were something similar to Halloween recurrence in many countries: in some Romagna rural areas (where I live), were made Halloween's pumpinks too (they were named "piligrine"). It was probably a Celtic heritage, like the tipical way to pronunciate the letter "s". Celts, in fact, lived in Northern Italy too, then Romans conquered this regions, but something of this ancient culture still remains.
Anyway this tradition is lost, at present day, and "Witches' Night" is only on June 23, the night before St. John the Baptist's day, wich is very closed with summer solstice (of course another Celtic celebration!): legends and superstition tell that whitches meet one each other at crossroads at midnight or that is possible to know the future with some particular magic ritual (using egg whites).

Well, in summary and in my opinion every party is a good thing, in every day it occour, even in Halloween too, but it's not necessary celebrating Halloween come hell or high water. I can meet persons I love on other festive occasions, for a dinner or a pizza all toghether, or when some friend of mine take his guitar and we all sing in the bar we usually attend.

antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

In sardinia kids goes ask sweeties and candys at the country houses... We call it "A is animas" ("For the souls"), and it's an old tradition...
Now (since 2 or 3 years) kids don't say "a is animas" anymore, but "dolcetto o scherzetto", and the old womans that liked this tradition, aren't so happy...
I agree with you Grey, we can meet our friends in a lot of occasions, it isn't necessary to celebrate Halloween to do it...

Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

Grey:
► Mostra testo
Here in Apulia, especially in the most southern part (Lecce), there was a tradition similar to Halloween, but it took place in Nov 1st/2nd: children used to sprinkle some ashes on their faces to them greyish and then went door to door asking their neighbours to "Make them the deads" ("Far loro i morti"). The neighbours often gave them oranges, apricots, sometimes chocolates or other sweeties; the richest one also gave them coins or a little money :)
Grandmothers used to bake a peculiar sweet which is called "Dead's broad bean" (Fava dei morti), which is made of gingerbread, sugar and a little of chocolate (I personally don't like them 'cause they are soooo much sweet :D); they were to be served the day after, in a lunch that had to be silent and prayerful. They also used to prepare room in the table for an extra people (a dead relative); my grandfather, who whas a modern man, turned this tradition, which he considered too ancient and useless, in the invitation of a poor person or family which symbolised the dead relative ;)

Anyway, just to learn something new ;) "La leggenda dice/narra che..." is translated as "The legend has it that..."

Ultima modifica di Nillc il 16 novembre 2008, 17:49, modificato 1 volta in totale.
Greywolf
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Greywolf »

Thank you for your corrections and propmpts, Nillc.

And it's very interesting to learn something about traditions in other italian regions!

Well, also in my country there are "Dead broan beans" (Fave dei morti), but the are rounded, hard and not so much sweet cookies, wich smell like anisette.

Rispondi