Learn english with AspideTR

[topic of the week: England]

Non solo Lara Croft: attualità, cultura, curiosità, sport e molto altro / Beyond Lara Croft: news, shows, curiosity, sport and more
antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

Nillc ha scritto:Yeah Hastins is in Sussex while Salisbury is in Wiltshire...

BTW, can I suggest a new topic? Tell us something about your relationship with England! Have you ever been there, or do you whish to get there someday soon? Do you like/dislike it?
Ok.. good idea :)

Bronze Reviewer (20 Bronze Award)
[i]You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one....[/i]
Arch
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Arch »

I've never been in England but I don't really wish to go there. Sure, it would be fun to visit London or better the Ireland or Scotland, but I would really prefer to visit the United States. :P
I would love to visit New York, San Francisco or Seattle! :love: Unfortunately, they're just too much far away... :wall:
antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

Arch ha scritto:I've never been in England but I don't really wish to go there. Sure, it would be fun to visit London or better the Ireland or Scotland, but I would really prefer to visit the United States. :P
I would love to visit New York, San Francisco or Seattle! :love: Unfortunately, they're just too much far away... :wall:
Well... I prefer england than U.S.... I like the European architectural style and I prefer the people's mentality :) .
And I agree with you, America is too far away., so I think I will go to England if I'll have the chance to travel to learn a new language.

My sister is quite surprised that they all speak english.... :asd:

► Mostra testo

Arch
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Arch »

It's better "I think that too". :)

As odd as it could be, I'm an italian guy who is studying greek language while talking in english... :lol:
antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

Arch ha scritto:It's better "I think that too". :)

As odd as it could be, I'm an italian guy who is studying greek language while talking in english... :lol:
L O L
(lot of laughters..) :D :D :D

Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

Or, even better, "I think so" ;)

Well I'd like to go to America just because I love travels but I HATE US English!!! It's as rude and unlikeable as the UK English is sweet and noble :D

What do you think about TR3 England? :)

Platinum Reviewer (301 Platinum Award) :: Best Reviewer Apr 2021 :: | Bronze Award 19 | | Golden Award 20 |
antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

Nillc ha scritto:Or, even better, "I think so" ;)

Well I'd like to go to America just because I love travels but I HATE US English!!! It's as rude and unlikeable as the UK English is sweet and noble :D

What do you think about TR3 England? :)
Oh my god.. I do love Tomb Raider 3 but I hate the London levels... too hard for me... :?
Actually the location is very good and I love it, I love the undergrownd and the roofes too... But they're very hard to play..
Have you never heard Lara speaking english?
Her voice is awsome, she uses a very formal english, with a lovable pronunciation.. she's very sexy.. :love:

Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

Yes you're right :) Lara's original voice is very sweet and I like her accent, especially in the cutscenes of TR1 (I simply LOVE the dialogue between Larson and her!). In TR2, on the other hand, her voice is similar to a trans's :D
► Mostra testo

Platinum Reviewer (301 Platinum Award) :: Best Reviewer Apr 2021 :: | Bronze Award 19 | | Golden Award 20 |
Final Danielecker
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Final Danielecker »

Isn't it a video of original Lara's voice ?? :)

Platinum Reviewer (363 Platinum Award) | Golden Award 08 || Bronze Award 09 - 10 |
antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

Nillc ha scritto:Yes you're right :) Lara's original voice is very sweet and I like her accent, especially in the cutscenes of TR1 (I simply LOVE the dialogue between Larson and her!). In TR2, on the other hand, her voice is similar to a trans's :D
► Mostra testo
► Mostra testo
By the way... here's the video of the conversation between Lara and Larson (I love this cutsceen too :) ).
[youtube][/youtube]
Another cutscene I love is this:
[youtube][/youtube]

Arch
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Arch »

antoxx92 ha scritto: By the way... here's the video of the conversation between Lara and Larson (I love this cutsceen too :) ).
[youtube][/youtube]
There's an error in the subtitled translation, they left out a funny joke! :D
Larson says: "You want to keep it so bad? I'll harness it right up your..."
Lara: "WAIT!!! ...We're talking about the artefact, here?"
► Mostra testo
:lol:
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

Yeah, and then it goes:
LARSON: Damn straight we are... RIIIGHT on...
LARA: Hold on! I-I'm sorry
► Mostra testo
:D

antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

Eheheh...
Old conversations between characters were so funny... :D

Greywolf
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Greywolf »

I' have never been in England, but I'd like to go on a journey to Ireland: that would be a meeting between gnomes from Casentino's Forests and Irish folletts... 24_64 58_058 58_057 58_053 50_714 50_693
► Mostra testo
I'd like go to North America too to visit national parks and other natural areas... 5_349

About the second question ( 53_23 ) I played italian versions of Tomb Raider, except for the first episode, of course, and I liked too Lara's accent, even if I didn't understand the whole conversations (I missed a lot of jokes... :( ).
And what about "artefact" translation? I think it's better say "manufatto" even if the word "artefatto" sounds stranger (and more similar to english expression) and suggests the idea of something mysterious and arcane... 53_65 53_64 53_63

Golden Reviewer (122 Golden Award)
antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

Well Grey, my sister (she's still in England) said me that yestarday she's gone to a pub with his classmates... And there were some girls dressed like follets :lol:
I don't know why everywhere she goes she finds strange and funny things... :lol:

Rispondi