Seifer Zero - a Tribute and Thanks...

Reports scritti dai giocatori dedicati ai livelli che più li hanno colpiti, in italiano e inglese / Reports dedicated to the custom TR Levels by TR players, in italian and english language
Rispondi
Lara for ever
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Seifer Zero - a Tribute and Thanks...

Messaggio da Lara for ever »

Immagine

Well, I have kept silence a longer time, after I had to learn it from Seifer Zero himself - what I yet had feared a longer time, had come true finally, a very talented level designer had left the community, and we will get no more levels from him any more. The last time he created levels was the still unreleased level series "KAP", and I know, one day we will get this series for playing.

Immagine

No doubt, several great level builders have spent a lot of time and lifeblood into this ambitious project, and we have to so much thank them all therefore, when the time has come to play this series. But for me, it is more, much more beyond this. So let me tell a little story, for all who may be interested...

Immagine

It has been some time now, a longer time, since I got aware of a new, young level designer from Italy, as I found the level series of "Twin Crystals", loading it down and playing it then. And I can not really explain, but this series was different for me. Sure, I had played levels for a longer time then yet, but this series, "Twin Crystals", was the moment all things changed. Yet the beginning, with the great orchestral music, was so touching, so emotional, I can hardly explain. I somehow knew it from the very first moment, I was really playing something very special, and never before any other level excited me so much than this one. But not only myself. There were more players, and we teamed up for this series, for the challenge, to succeed through those levels - and one player, a woman named Angie, got a very good friend to me after that. We played so often together then, after my real passion for level playing was awakened - really through this series. It was the beginning of my real passion - and later for my own work for the community. It was also the beginning of very good friendships - also to a young Italian level designer named Seifer, after I dared to write to him then the first time. He, Italian without any acknowledgement of German, and me, German without any acknowledgement of Italian, we got friends with English language, admittedly after my first "frustrations" about the difficulty of the series, as I was NOT yet a good player then...

Immagine

Well, this was a great time for me, and definitely the most intense in TR playing. As you can see, this special series not only touched my heart then, it also changed things in my life, and I owe so much to Seifer. But I was keeping silence too long, for, to be honest, not really being able to live with that final sad news, that Seifer would not build any levels any more. Never. Only his last levels, the last gift for the community, is still to be released, and I know, this will get a very emotional experience for me. Some things are only hard to accept, but this is life...

Immagine

And so, it is high time for my own personal tribute, to tell this story, and to honour Seifer Zero, for what he has given to the community - and to me very personal. I never really can thank him for this, but yes, there are such levels, and people, who can change things in life and touch a person so much. So I now speak about this, as Seifer and his work always will stay unforgotten for me. And if nothing else would be for sure, this is...

Immagine

So, thank you so much, Seifer Zero, for all you have given to the community. And all the best for you and your life, no matter what you will do in the future... :approved:

Seifer Zero: Magical Moments - a Journey through Twin Crystals

Twin Crystals 1

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Twin Crystals 2, Part 1

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine
Ultima modifica di Lara for ever il 31 gennaio 2011, 11:14, modificato 4 volte in totale.
seiferzero
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Re: Seifer Zero - a Tribute and Thanks...

Messaggio da seiferzero »

Wow!
my old friend, you did an enormous surprise to me with this topic, really!
it's hard to explain the emotions i felt while reading your post! you did so much for me, it's thanks to the words you told me in the past that i've re-started to build levels long ago, but unfortunatly with my new life, i cannot do that anymore. it' s difficult but it's true, now I don't have so much free time, and the little i have i spend it with my girlfriend and my family, and also working on a personal RPG game project.

TR was a beautiful and useful period of my life (filled with many beautiful people), but i feel it is over.
well, Thanks Jurgen, thankyou very much, i really appreciate this tribute. i'm really happy!!!

So maybe i did something good for someone ^__^ :)

Bronze Reviewer (10 Bronze Award)
Lara for ever
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Thank you for this kind answer, great to hear from you again, also if the news stay bad for me, as your TR time is and stays over. But its good to know your life goes well, that's the main aspect of it all.
And yes, not maybe, you REALLY did something good for me. I am very sure, without you and your series, I would never had found this kind of passion for TR, and never would have started my own special projects. And even some friendships would never had been then...

Immagine

And also I think about your "Twin Crystals 2" project, one that I even was able to give a little assist - though it never was finished. But I never had more wonderful days in my TR-life... :D
More reasons than enough to write this tribute... :approved:

Immagine
Ultima modifica di Lara for ever il 18 novembre 2010, 19:23, modificato 3 volte in totale.
Taras

Messaggio da Taras »

:) Mi unisco al tributo di Lara for Ever. Quando uscì Twin Crystal lo giocammo su VG, allora la comunità italiana più grande di tr e nel commento ai livelli dissi che dopo Psiko e Walrus era sorto un altro grande ld. E' solo per una serie di motivi infami che Twin Cristal non sia nella Hall of Fame. Io devo tutto a Seifer, quello che ho imparato lo devo alla sua pazienza. Mancandomi il tempo ed anche le capacità tecniche per capire il manuale, ha realizzato solo per me video tutorial non solo su LE ma anche su Meta ecc...., e nella mia collaborazione al Kap mi ha sempre supportato lasciando lo spazio per le mie esigenze solo come i veri leader sanno fare. Dopo aver abbandonato il Kap abbiamo continuato a sentirci per molto tempo, poi i nostri collegamenti si sono allentati per vie delle vicissitudini quotidiane. Avevamo in mente un progetto a due mani, che chissà un giorno non si riprenda, per cui mai dire mai. Che tu possa avere ogni bene Fede. :)

I join to the tribute of Lara for Ever. When Twin Crystal came out, we played it on VG, then the largest Italian community and in the comments of tr levels i said that after Psiko and Walrus arose another great ld. It 's just for a number of infamous reasons that Twin Cristal is not in the Hall of Fame. I owe to Seifer all that I've learned, I owe to his patience. I having not enough time and also the ability to understand the technical manual, he created just for me on video tutorial not only about LE but also about Meta, etc. ...., and in my collaboration with Kap he has always supported me allowing my needs just as the real leader can do. After I leaving the KAP we have continued to hear for a long time, then our connections were loose because the daily vicissitudes. We had a project in mind perhaps one day we resume it, so never say never. I wish you all good Fede. :)
Lara for ever
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Sad, I do not understand Italian... :(
deskj
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da deskj »

the second half of the post is in english ;)
Bojrker
Average TR Player
Average TR Player

Messaggio da Bojrker »

Lara for ever ha scritto:...though it never was finished.
► Mostra testo
Lara for ever
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Taras ha scritto:I join to the tribute of Lara for Ever. When Twin Crystal came out, we played it on VG, then the largest Italian community and in the comments of tr levels i said that after Psiko and Walrus arose another great ld. It 's just for a number of infamous reasons that Twin Cristal is not in the Hall of Fame. I owe to Seifer all that I've learned, I owe to his patience. I having not enough time and also the ability to understand the technical manual, he created just for me on video tutorial not only about LE but also about Meta, etc. ...., and in my collaboration with Kap he has always supported me allowing my needs just as the real leader can do. After I leaving the KAP we have continued to hear for a long time, then our connections were loose because the daily vicissitudes. We had a project in mind perhaps one day we resume it, so never say never. I wish you all good Fede. :)
Thank you for translating. And I guessed of course I was not the only one to admire the talent of Seifer. It's really sad this incredible series did not make it into the Hall of Fame, he would have deserved it. :approved:
Bojrker ha scritto:
Lara for ever ha scritto:...though it never was finished.
► Mostra testo
Well, what can this mean? Seifer himself told me the project would never be finished. There was a short time he really tried to get back to the series, thinking to continue it, but as I remember it failed because some urgend needed support of other creators was not to be found. Then came KAP, and then the end of his working for TR. I can not imagine how my really favourite TR level series of all times ever could be still continued... :(
Rispondi