Lara's Adventure Diary - Background Thoughts

Storie scritte da Jürgen aka Lara for Ever ispirate dai livelli custom di TR da lui giocati (lingua inglese) / An adventure diary, levelreports with a continuing story by Jürgen aka Lara for Ever

Moderatore: Lara for ever

Rispondi
Lara for ever
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Lara's Adventure Diary - Background Thoughts

Messaggio da Lara for ever »

Well, it has been a while already, since I started this project, not really knowing what it would become one day. First the thought was different than today, as my concept not included a continuing story. What I thought about in the beginning were single levels, to write about them and make them real stories. Fantasy stories, as I often experience them while playing. There were thoughts and ideas about what could happen around the action, background stories, and also making Lara Croft more human. I thought it could be interesting to show she has also her own feelings, while in the levels she does not speak and seems more than a supergirl.

But maybe she is? Well, of course she has abilities no normal human being ever would be possible to share. Physical abilities, beyond what real humans would be able to do. This aspect was not important for me first, as the beginning episodes still were closed. But very soon I noticed about the capabilities, to create much more than I first had thought about. To create an own new Tomb Raider universe, with a different Lara Croft - more human than ever before, but though not a human being at all. I made my own explanation for her abilities, creating a whole new background for Lara, so all things had an explanation now. And this was what I wanted then, a harmonious background for our beloved heroine...

And so, after five episodes the concept changed. In episode six we hear about the "true" background of Lara the first time. And from then new elements are added continuously, more and more the following episodes become one big story, the story of Lara's life.

And for all interested people, here you can follow this story. There is no end in sight, though I will have much work to follow my German version, which is much more developed yet. But this will happen, so you can see, how the story further continues. And one time more, thank you for the chance to continue this project here in my own section, I am really honoured! :approved:
Lara for ever
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Re: Lara's Adventure Diary - Background Thoughts

Messaggio da Lara for ever »

A further information. Meanwhile I changed my concept, the form of writing the stories. As there is also much dialogue meanwhile, I do not use "this" textform any more for the narration text. It is written in a normal way. There are only changes for the speaking parts, to better distinguish them. But see for yourself in the episodes...
Rispondi