Episode 2 - The Mansions of Lara Croft

Based on levels by several level designers

The beginning episodes and introduction to my Lara universe... / I primi episodi e un'introduzione all'universo di Lara di Jürgen...
Rispondi
Lara for ever
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Episode 2 - The Mansions of Lara Croft

Messaggio da Lara for ever »

Immagine

Annotation: This story part base on the following levels:
- Laras Holiday Home by Niklasrauch
- The Experiment - Intro by Bojrkraider
- Tomb Raider Salvation (Part 1) - Prologue by Gabriel Croft
- Land beyond Dreams by Gabriel Croft

Immagine

Lara's Adventure Diary, Part 2

Level 1: The Experiment - Intro

Hello, friends! As I promised last time, here comes the continuation to my introduction of the first episode of my great adventure diary. Today I want to introduce you a little bit deeper in my way of life, before the third episode finally will start my journeys and adventures. And I will have a lot of stories to tell, which will definately not bore you at all, as much at least I can promise you yet. On the contrary, most times I really lead a more than exciting life, on the contrary to what I still show you today before. But see for yourself...

First and foremost, of course I was born privilegded. As a daughter of a rich house and aristrocat I never had to bewail any material lack. Lord Richard Henshingly Croft was my father, who yet belonged to the richest persons of England before I was born. The name of my mother was Amelia Croft, and she was just as pretty as unobtrusive woman, who always backed up my father and willingly always stayed in the background. And my father, who had studied anthropology and archeology, has often been on journeys and expeditions - this gene I definately have inherited from him. He was a famous person in his province and well known in the whole world, the way it fares for me too today. Sadly they died much too early, and today I would give all - my whole asset - at once to have them back around me again, but this wish will only stay a sad dream for all times. Destiny is often so hard, and today I can still only try to prove myself to be worthy to my parents. This is one more reason to follow the footprints of my father all the more, continuing his work. I have the resources therefore, to make researches all around the world. It is not only my will, it simply is my destiny...

Pictures of my family album, I really show them extremely rarely. Here you can see a drawing of my parents...

Immagine

Sure, the resemblance between me and my mother really is unmistakeable. However , in my temper I really look alike my father much more. Our mansion, Croft mansion, the place of my childhood, it further exists. I retrun there very often, into my one and only true home, and that will never change for sure. It dos not matter where I travel or how long, I always come back home, where our old butler Winston sees to it, to keep the estate in the best possible condition. And there is nobody else except him, who I would commit this task, he yet served my parents a long time before I was born at all...

I will show you a few pictures of this estate, of the rarely points of time, when I am really here at home to spend some time, to regenerate myself and recover from my partially really very exhausting journeys and expeditions. And then Winston really pampers me totally, and I lack for nothing then. And so this day began, as my flying camera was accompanying me - really a great and today indispensable invention for my adventures...

Immagine

Time to get out of bed. And a warm shower will just do best then, wouldn't it...?

Immagine

My bathroom...

Immagine

The view into the hall, after I had first taken an extensive breakfast then...

Immagine

The dining room...

Immagine

And the kitchen. Granted, with the culinary art I never cared two figs about, this is the realm of Winston whole clearly. And he can cook, again and again he pampers me with choicest dining, if from traditional cuisine, or even also exotic until experimental. I can only say, that I love what he cooks here, and I never want to miss it...

Immagine

Of course in my own home I also do much for my physical constitution, for example here in my swimming pool...

Immagine

..or in my diving area...

Immagine

This is the sitting room, where I like to retire in the evening, in order to watch television comfortably...

Immagine

Guestrooms like this one of course are also available every time...

Immagine

And my study room, where I also store a lot of books, which are very helpful for my journey again and again...

Immagine

In the outside area there is another extensive training parcour, which I use regularly in order to keep fit...

Immagine

...to say nothing of my speedway for my beloved motorcycle, which is a little bit souped-up, of course...

Immagine

And often it precisely starts just here, as on that day, with a telephone call, which bought some interesting news and started one further of my countless expeditions...

Immagine

The "title" "absent-minded professor" certainly also goes for me sometimes, beacuse if excitement really totally grips me, as on that day, then I even also forget once already, that I just only wear my bikini and simply hurtle away...

Immagine

Only well then, that I have Winston, who redirects my luggage then once already,,,

Immagine

And so, one more of a long list of adventures started here, of which I tell you then in the next episode most detailed...

Immagine

Immagine
Lara for ever
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Re: Episode 2 - The Crystals of Power, Part 2

Level 2: Tomb Raider Salvation (Part 1) - Prologue

Immagine

Meanhwile my own home simply isn't enough any more, depending on my countless journeys. It is very tedious and inconvenient to always search for hotels and other possibilities to spend the night worldwide, much rather I like to move in my own four walls. So I invest my asset not only into my journeys and of course into charity performance, but also in further houses, so that I own separate holdings in many countries around the whole world. Winston also cares for all the trappings and all neccessary attendants, as always and everywhere I can count on him and his work completely. And so I would like to show you further examples, where I spend my time, if I do not just experience adventures. So this further house is placed in Brazil for example, and I would like to show you around a little bit. And this tour of course starts again - how should it be different then - in the bedroom, on a nice summer morning...

Immagine

And of course also here my bathroom. Not really ostentatious, but appropriate....

Immagine

But only one is not enough, and so, herte is bathroom number two in this estate...

Immagine

Immagine

Here we have the living room. If you may discover certain similarities to Croft Manor, well, this is deliberated, of course. A lot of my houses are similar, because I do have my very own style, which I always like to use again and again. It may sometime be more rustic or modern, but the ambience of the family Croft shall stay recognizeable then...

Immagine

Still above upstairs, the view from the balcony...

Immagine

Here we have the library of this house, and wherever I possess an estate - a library is totally indispensable...

Immagine

Here we are downstairs of this estate, unmistakeable in the dining room...

Immagine

My training room in the house with adjustable blocks. Always good to keep my hand in...

Immagine

This is the entrance hall, in this case featured a little bit more livable as in Croft Manor indeed...

Immagine

This of course never should miss, my small swimming pool inside the house...

Immagine

Therewith we leave the house and stand in the garden area, which surrounds the whole mansion extensively...

Immagine

And also here again a trainig parcour in the outside area, totally indispensable for me...

Immagine

There is also something new here, a small combat arena, where I am able to test my abilities against artificial created enemies...

Immagine

And finally, the way into adventure, inasmuch as I am starting from here, in order to find treasures or artifacts in Brazil...

Immagine
Lara for ever
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Re: Episode 2 - The Mansions of Lara Croft

Level 3: Laras Holiday Home by Niklasrauch

Immagine

Of course things sometimes also are whole different. So I also own holiday homes, which only serve my wellness and recovery, if I get in this rarely enjoyment to have holidays, but sometimes this is simply necessary. Even a Lara Croft sometimes needs breaks and pure regeneration, to be fit and recovered for further tasks. In this example, which I want to show you here shortly, the estate is located in the beautiful country Italy, close to the sea - best preconditions then, if you really want to outspan then in ideal climate. It also was not so long ago that I could enjoy a little recreation there...

This time I start the other way around, namely in front of the house. The whole estate is substantial smaller than my further normal mansions, and also the garden roundabout is created manageable. However, a nice little speedster is waiting for me here, if I start into the hinterlands from here...

Immagine

Thze view on house and garden...

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Nice, isn't it? You really can bear it here well, if you want to get away from it all for a certain time. But let's take a view into the inner part of the house, which is also furnished whole different than my normal standard this time. Simply a little bit more modern, what doesn't mean, that I wouldn't use a classic style generally. And here we are in the commodiously kitchen at once...

Immagine

There is no real dining room here, but I use this room therefore, which is a small library at the same time, as seen in the background...

Immagine

A comfortable living room of course may never miss. You really like to spend some time here...

Immagine

Here we have bathroom numer one and two...

Immagine

Immagine

This is a workroom, which is also never to be missed in a holiday home. You have to be prepared for all eventualities, always and everywhere...

Immagine

The bedroom...

Immagine

Um, you certainly could have wrong ideas here now. But no, Lara Crofr neither has married, nor she has offspring, even if this here obviously looks like a nursery. But the room was yet this way before, from the former owners, and I did not change it so far. Somehow it really pleases me though, therefore I change nothing...

Immagine

Okay, at this point it just tolled, and so I went downstairs and outside to have a look who wanted to visit me...

Immagine

An Italian friend, who is living not far away of this holiday home, okay. Here was only following a little coffe party - even this is possible with a Lara Croft. And a last estate is still pending, before I end this "round trip" through the estates of Lara Croft and instead going on adventure, togehter with you. A very special estate, as I want to add...

To be continued...
Lara for ever
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Level 4: Land beyond Dreams by Gabriel Croft

Level 1: House in the Montains

Immagine

Here I am leading you into another part of the world again, namely into the USA. Of course I also own properties there, and one of them offered a very special and also whole unexpected experience to me. Actually this only was thought as a further holiday home, where I only wanted to relax some days after a further hard adventure. But this didn't last very long, beacuse I stumbled into another adventure whole unexpected then. This house, which I had bought only some time before, was hiding a secret. I noticed very soon that something wasn't right here, too much closed doors because of missing keys and other secret areas. If this wouldn't cause the attention of a Lara Croft, I wouldn't know what else should. And of course I was on my way to solve the mystery at once, which was lying about this estate - with a whole unexpected progression. But see for yourself, when I show you the pictures of this adventure...

Let's start whole small and "normal", in the inner part of the house, while I first of all introduce you to the sections of the house. And at this time I did not yet think about anything strange, as my camera made those first pictures, to also save this estate in my photo albums for eternity. You csn believe me, meanwhile I certainly possess a almost countless number of such albums.

Let's start in the kitchen this time. Nice and spacious, nothing missing here...

Immagine

My bedroom here, but I really still have to change this bunk bed sometime...

Immagine

Also a comfortable living room with a cozily fire place...

Immagine

It never goes without a bathroom of course...

Immagine

A comfortable intermediate area, during we can see into the dining room in the background...

Immagine

...which you can see more precisely here...

Immagine

Here we have a separate television room...

Immagine

And the corridor between the sections upstairs. Here you can already see one of several certain locks - for what anybody should need something like that in his home? As this keys were missing my curiosity was aroused very soon, and I stared the further exploration of this though somehow mysterious estate very fast...

Immagine

A view on the balcony, which first also belonged to the secret areas of the house...

Immagine

Let's also still have a look at the outside area of the estate, which was surrounded by a bigger garden area. And also a swimming pool was part of it...

Immagine

Whereby this wouldn't really had been necessary in this case, beacuse immediate nearby a little river was flowing past, in which you also can dive...

Immagine

Further pictures of this beautiful outside area during really best weather...

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

...and during not best weather also...

Immagine

So far this introduction. As I said, then I was called by a new adventure very fast. But where I would be lead by this whole unexpected journey, I never would have guessed. And it all then started with the secrets and the secret areas of this house, as you see one of those areas here, which I just had discovered...

Immagine

A lever opened the further way in this secret area, and you may understand, this one didn't really look inviting in your own cellar...

Immagine

Where would all of this lead me in the end...?

Immagine

And why would somebody try to protect this secret here so heavily? I could guess yet, there was hiding much more beyond this seemingly normal house as I ever could have imagined as I bought it. And with this clue I should be totally right in the end. Let me surprise you, exactly as I was totally surprised here then too...

The entry to my journey into a whole different world, I finally found it very close to the house, after I could reveal it...

Immagine

In a smaller labyrinth I searched for the further way, and of course I also could find it in the end...

Immagine

And this special portal then showed me, that I really was on the cent of something really bigger...

Immagine

I could open the portal and came to a different world, existing totally independet to our regular world. I had no idea who may had discovered it first then, but at least I should find out why somebody had protected the entry so heavily. This new world should not be run down by ours and be destroyed. I then followed this further way...
Lara for ever
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Level 2 - 4: Land beyond Dreams, A Storm is coming & Save the Land

The first new area here I found, and which was not yet really spectacular. But also here I had to solve some puzzles first and get rid off some nasty little scorpions, before I could continue my journey from here. And my curiosity was growing with every minute which was moving, what I should find in the end...

Immagine

Well, after some, for my circumstances, smaller tasks and puzzles I finally could enter whole new land, which not only seemed foreign, but also very beautiful. It was flourishing and flowering, and also the air was much better to breath than all I had been breathing before. At once I knew, this was something very special here. And straight at the beginning of this area somebody was standing, a young woman, as if she had been waiting for me. I went towards her, and she seemed not to be afraid of a stranger, her eyes rather showed curiosity. I was sure I could get some first answers for my questions here then...

Immagine

I talked to the woman and learned about a really so far undiscvovered country beyond our imagination, with fabulous creatures and real fantasy touch. But once again even here not all was gold what glittered, and so I learned about a demon, who was terrorising the land since some time, wanting to doom this realm. The girl asked me for help, because she saw a promised savior in me, the inhabitants really seemed to have been waiting for me. For me or somebody else, who would have finally found this realm. And of course I promised my straight help to this woman.
I did not get very far then, until facing the first resistence, which the girl also had warned me from, artificial woodmen, send by the demon, who of course was aware of my presence meanwhile...

Immagine

Not only enemies, also hostile defaced nature as this poisoned lake tried to block my way often. But not with a Lara Croft, who never gives up and always finds a way how to continue...

Immagine

As I said, there were also fabulous creatures, even an unicorn I could meet here...

Immagine

All of this so far still though was quite unspectacular, at least regarding to the challenges, but also this should change. The tasks got more difficult, after I had met some further inhabitents and had talked to them...

Immagine

And I knew, I was getting closer to my final enemy, the demon, more and more...

Okay, then I show you, what was waiting for me, before I finally could face the demon, who was threatening this beautiful land and its peaceful inhabitants, and whom I wanted to finish off at any prize. The inhabitants offered some special pistols with sepcial ammo to me, but therefore a special fighter was needed to withstand all of this alive and destroy the demon. I really felt called upon here and prepared therefore. But until then it still was a long way, and the pictures of my camera will show you so, that there were all possible barriers in my way, so I should not reach my destiny...

An unremarkable small house revealed the further way...

Immagine

But then it was first about - run, Lara, run...

Immagine

Now and then there was also "only" a puzzle room...

Immagine

...and also new areas again and again of course. Also those Woodmen I had to face several times, but I could destroy them all...

Immagine

Here some further challenges which were waiting for me, and which only made me more determined to reach the gruesome demon and throw him back into the hell from ehich he had escaped. Nothing could stop me, and I faced every task I met. So it got further and further towards my destination...

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

Immagine

At any time I was ready then to enter the final hall of the angry demon, who was waiting here for me in a female body. A winged beast, and I could not allow to let him to operate any further, and who had to be stopped right here and now. Without hesitation I also faced this task and started the battle against the creature...

Immagine

I could defeat him finally, the foreign realm was saved. I returned once more to the inhabitants. I promised the young woman, who's name was Chelie, that I would keep the secret and close the entry to this realm again. Noone should ever find it again, and the new peace of this world should be preserved. Only I knew about it all, because it was my destiny to rescue this wonderful land...

Immagine

So this adventure ended for me, and many more will wait for me in the future. Onto those journeys I want to take you with me, if you want to. We will see us again soon, in my next chapter of Lara's Adventure Diary...

The End of Episode 2
Rispondi