Episode 6 - Lara Croft - How it all began...

Based on a level by tomrdr

The beginning episodes and introduction to my Lara universe... / I primi episodi e un'introduzione all'universo di Lara di Jürgen...
Rispondi
Lara for ever
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Episode 6 - Lara Croft - How it all began...

Messaggio da Lara for ever »

Immagine

Annotation: This story part base on the level “Lara at the Movies - Psycho” by tombrd

Immagine

Immagine

Lara’s Adventure Diary, Part 6

Welcome back, my dear adventure fans! This time I have something very special for you, and I am sure it will be a big surprise. Certainly the biggest surprise you ever from me, or better, about me, but the time is right now.
Well, of course you all know me for a long time now. You shared my adventures, and most of you became big fans of me, I know. Meanwhile it is even a hard job for me and all my attendants to keep a little solitude around my mansion in good old England. Day by day people try to make a visit, and yet I had to think about electric fences for protecting my privacy. No joke at all.
Yes, my adventures are very popular around the whole world. So many people believe I am a real living hero, and some even think about supernatural abilities. This is the reason for me to take a new step, to show you some more – of me and my past.
Why taking this step now, when the risk is close at hand, even more people could mob my mansion and privacy?
The truth is, this world needs a real hero. I don’t want to talk about all the bad things going on in this world of today, for you all know for yourself! Of course I also can’t solve those big problems, but I can do something else.
Sharing my adventures and all my detections I can give something to this world and the people living in it. I can give hope to them. Hope, the depressing everyday live is not the end of our abilities, hope, that there is more. Hope, we can grow beyond ourselves and even reach our dreams to come true.
People could see I have reached all that. Many of them identify with me and even try to follow my example. Others want me to help them, but there are more orders than I could ever fulfil. And though, as another person said, “the truth is out there”. I know this truth, and I know much more than every other person on this planet. And if this may help to change something on Earth, because I really am a hero then, well, may it be so then. I am prepared to no longer deny my heritage now...

Okay then, why how this opening speech? Only one reason, I have to prepare you for the truth. A truth probably changing a whole world for ever, but I can no longer hide. So here is my first fact for you, further will follow within my next reports.
After all I told you so far, all my stories, you people learned to believe there is more, much more beyond earth and sky, than what our eyes can see. You learned about supernatural forces, and even about the fact, that we are not alone in this huge universe. I found so much proof of alien life and even battled with bad aliens during my adventures.
But there is one thing you don’t know so far. So, forget about all you learned about my past so far, for those “facts” are not true. I have created them myself for my own protection, but this is no longer necessary now. So you first can learn about my parents, that I am not their real daughter. It was an adoption, but not as “young Lara”, for I was adult yet when meeting them the first time. All the facts about my youth, well, we created them for a perfect illusion of my childhood.
My real parents are dead. And my real childhood was in a long ago time period I even have difficulties to remember at. I lived at another place then, far, far away, on a world called “Irius”. Irius is a planet similar to Earth, but much more evolved. It is only one planet in a solar system with ten further inhabited planets, and it ‘s located in a far away galaxy we call “Pegasus”.
Believe it or not, this is where I came from many years ago. But this is another long story, and I will tell it later, step by step. For today you got enough information, and you will have to accustom at this truth. For helping you I will tell you my very first adventure I experienced in this world, soon after arriving here and not knowing anybody then. I only had enough time to learn the English language and human behaviour in a hiding-place, somewhere deep in the woods of the northern England. After and after I made my first contacts and learned to live as a normal human being, as, good luck, I looked like one. But this normal life could not satisfy me, it was lonely and boring, and I knew I had to find something to do – without revealing my big secret.

So, this was the time when I decided to take my first holiday. Meanwhile I lived in a little village near London, earning money with a normal job. No, I won’t tell you about, for you’d never believe. And this special holiday should change so much for me, it changed my whole life for ever. I found my destination for the future, out of something whole different, and I found even more. But well, as I said, always step by step then!

So, if you’re prepared for all now after learning about this significant truth, then follow me onto a very special trip of fear and suspense, where I had to go until my limits the first time, and where I became who I am now, Lara Croft, adventurer and hunter for treasure, secrets and mysteries of all kind.
On this planet and even beyond. And if you’re interested in this whole story, then continue reading my adventure diary as before…

Level 1 - Lara at the Movies - Psycho

It was a really good start with my first holiday on this planet! After driving a long way through England with a rented car I had to stop because of a breakdown. Great, and this now, of all time, standing in the middle of nowhere! The next village on my map was still far away, and the night had already displaced daylight.
So, I had no choice than leaving my car behind and do a little walk through this cool and rainy night.
Well, and something else. If you wondered all the time how I really could come to my flying and even diving camera, well, I can totally reveal this secret too now. It simply is no invention of this world, but of my home planet. It is even an intelligent camera, programmed to follow me and recording my adventures graphically in every way. A wonderful invention, no question. And it is also possible to make pictures in black & white then, as you can see in this adventure, for this was a time were colour photographing was not yet usual. And you know, I still had to keep a secret there…

Strange! After walking for an hour I arrived at a garage, but nothing else to find within the area. I could not understand, who would build a lonely garage straight at a lonesome country lane? But it was there, and I was happy about. Perhaps I would find another vehicle here for continuing my journey? Of course only for borrowing…

Immagine

I could open the garage door. But inside I only found defect cars and motorbikes, nothing of any value and help.

Immagine

Immagine

Walking along the road a little bit further I found something interesting. The way to continue, and some barriers in the opposite, warning of an unknown danger. But well, curious as I always was I had to take a closer look, of course…

Immagine

Immagine

A deep abyss, but not a natural one. A ladder leading down there, this seemed to be a puzzle wanting to be solved then…

Immagine

I found a dark tunnel now. And guess what I decided to do. Exactly, I wanted to examine this drift.

Immagine

I had to be very careful in the darkness. This tunnel was not in a very good condition, it seemed as if had nobody else been here for a long time. A pole gave me access to get down deeper into this partially artificially cave.

Immagine

A big spider welcomed me down here, but I could defeat it. Finally I arrived in a bigger cave with deadly water and very hot steamers. It was a matter of timing to continue here until the end of the area, where I found a lever.

Immagine

Well, big surprise! As I returned to the garage now my hopes came really true then. This lever opened a hidden room in the garage, and another motorbike was in there. A fully operative motorbike, so I could go on driving then…

Immagine

On the road again! Where I come from we don’t know vehicles like that. And I can tell you I loved it from the first moment of driving. I did not need any lessons to learn about, after even controlling space ships…

Immagine

I reached a big tunnel. So, in there then…

Immagine

This trip was really fun! And for the road went up and down all the time I could even do some acrobatics with my motorbike…

Immagine

You can see, I really enjoyed it!

Immagine

Finally, the lonely journey seemed to find an ending. I arrived at a motel, just what I needed to spend the rest of the night. So I decided to take a rest here, hoping there would be a room left for me. I could not see any other vehicles around, perhaps I would even be the one and only guest here?

Immagine

Somehow looking a little bit eerie, won’t you think? But I had no fear, of course, and so I entered the building for the reception. But it was empty, nobody there. This was not a lucky night for me at all…

Immagine

I inspected the other doors of the building, and well, at least one was not occlusive. I entered the room after knocking at the door, but nobody answering. It was empty too. Perhaps I could spend the night here…

Immagine

I entered the bathroom. Nobody in here too.

Immagine

It happened very sudden then. Entering the shower a strange person appeared out of the dark, attacking me with a knife. It was an old woman, as I could see, and I had to kill her with my pistols. There was no other choice…

Immagine

After this shock I was not able to think about sleeping any more. I left that creepy building, taking a look around in the area. I found some moveable crates, a puzzle to reach a jumpswitch, as I could find out. Another secret then? I was very curious about the mystery of this motel and began to move the crates…

Immagine

Reaching the jumpswitch finally. Where would it lead me to?

Immagine

At first I had no idea. But walking around the motel I found a small lake. I decided to take a closer look at it too.

Immagine

Horrible! Something really bad was going on here, for somebody had engulfed a car here. And a skeleton was lying straight next to car, an indisputable proof of murder to me. Had I just killed the murderer myself?

Immagine

I found an underwater cave in this lake, time for a little diving! So I could reach a hidden chamber, encountering different wraiths around. This was a dangerous situation, and I had to hurry. I could take a strange object from here and escape with it.

Immagine

I found another sloped cave. Where would it lead me?

Immagine

Bad, very bad! But I defeated the monster and could continue. I found another hidden jumpswitch. After pulling I had to find out what it opened and left this cave again.

Immagine

The solution! I found another big mansion nearby, and the door was already open. But if the motel already seemed eerie, what should I have thought here? But somehow I knew I would find all the answers to this mystery in there. And so I decided to enter the mansion, no matter what would be waiting there for me…

Immagine

The open door, somehow an invitation, but somehow also not. At this point I really could not deny a feeling of uncertainness any longer. But I had no choice, for my curiosity was stronger.

Immagine

The main hall. Dark and left, nobody here, and no sign of life at all. The absolute silence really was awesome.

Immagine

I used the stairs to reach the next floor. All doors around were barred, I could not get anywhere further. So there had to be another way to continue, and I searched for any hints and signs.

Immagine

No, I was not doing any gymnastics here. I found a trapdoor at the ceiling and could open it. But it was too high above, so I had to find another possibility for climbing up. Of course I succeeded.

Immagine

Well, sometimes things as jumpswitches were only reachable with my acrobatic abilities. As you can see here…

Immagine

As I entered one of the rooms this horrible old woman attacked me again! I can assure you that I killed her before, but she was back again! And I could kill her a second time now, not sure if this would be of any help. I began to understand this was a real ghost story, and I was involved now…

Immagine

I reached the big roof of the old mansion. There was another blocked room here, and I knew I got closer to the solution of this whole mystery. But first I had to find a way to get into this room.

Immagine

Time for a little climbing to reach another jumpswitch.

Immagine

I could enter the new room finally. As you can see, blood on the bed. And the form was human, female, as I estimated. It seemed the murder happened here, and the killer buried the corpse in the nearby lake, also with the car of the victim. For the traces it must have been a woman, but no sign of her identity. And the killer still was alive – as a ghost, searching for new victims! Terrifying!

Immagine

My next encounter with the killer ghost! I defeated it again. But I knew my normal weapons could not kill it forever. There had to be another way.

Immagine

I could make my way beyond some big trees to reach another jumpswitch, there really were a lot of them in this area.

Immagine

As if it would not be horrible enough, now it was the dark cellar which was to explore. I really could have imagined something much better…

Immagine

Another little puzzle to release a hidden door…

Immagine

I entered a secret room, where I had to deal with a skeleton first. This mansion really was a haunted place!

Immagine

Another dead body. And this time the killer himself, dressed as an old woman! He must have died after killing the woman in his mansion, continuing as a ghost after his death. With succeeding in two timed challenges I finally found what I needed, the possibility to defeat this horrible ghost once and forever!

Immagine

Immagine

Almost done then! I found and placed a holy item at the right place. If it worked in the right way it should return the bad ghost to physical life, so I really could kill it for ever. The last confrontation was waiting!

Immagine

Back on the motorbike again! I knew the angry ghost was after me now, but I did not want to confront it in his mansion. So I drove away now.

Immagine

No sign of the ghost so far, but I knew it would come.

Immagine

Great! Look at the trap before the final battle! I had no choice but passing somehow, if I did not want to turn around. Again it was a matter of right timing.

Immagine

Confrontation!

Immagine

Well, in the end it was quite easy. Now that this ghost was human again I could simply knock it down with my motorbike. It died at once, and I never met it again. This time it was its final dead!

Immagine

Leaving this haunted place. It was the end of this spooky adventure, but not the end of this story. As I found some notes before I could find out about the woman who died in the place a longer time ago. And with her address I visited her parents a few days later. The young woman was missed since her disappearance, and now at least she could finally be buried and rest in peace.
I think it would be the right time now to reveal some further details. The parents of this woman lived in a very huge mansion nearby London. And their names were Lady Amelia Croft and Lord Richard Croft. The young woman who died in the ghost mansion was the only daughter of this aristocratic family.
And her name was Lara…

Confused now? Understandable, but I can explain. It was simply coincidence I have the same first name as this poor dead woman. And also her parents told me we rally would even look similar. Strange, isn’t it?
Well, however, the Crofts invited me to stay at their mansion. I could spend my holiday there and of course I did so. We spend much time together, and I learned a lot about the daughter they lost. In the end I made them known my own secret, because I trusted them. And it was no mistake, for they finally asked me to stay – for ever. They offered my a new home and family, and I accepted. Some month later the Crofts adopted me as their new real daughter, and this is how I got my new second name of today – Croft! This is how all my adventures on Earth started, as I found my new destination then. Searching and solving all kind of mysteries, artefacts and treasures around the whole world! I almost forgot about my whole different past then, and where I came from, but now all the details are back again!
And one day or other you will learn about this past, as all things begun a long time ago, far, far away, in another galaxy, and far beyond your imagination!
We’ll meet again soon, for my next adventure, which will be a whole classic one again…

The End of Episode 6
Rispondi