Episode 16 - Santa Claus, Part 1

Based on levels by several level designers

A very special Christmas Story for Laras Adventure Diary... / Una storia di Natale molto speciale..
Rispondi
Lara for ever
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Episode 16 - Santa Claus, Part 1

Messaggio da Lara for ever »

Immagine

Annotation: This story part base on the level “Santa Claus” by BaGi and “Lara in the Mountains” by Steve

Immagine

Lara’s Adventure Diary, Part 16

Welcome back for a further charter of my truly unique Christmas story, though I have to admit, I still didn’t know it really would be one until this moment of returning home after the dimension of the second crowns. I would rather have believed to be part of a great fantasy adventure, but things are not always just what they seem to be. Not at all. And now there were some strange feelings inside me, after the last chapter, because of the end with that strange phonograph playing a magical Christmas melody. And once more there were questions inside me, during I was waiting for Luuna to appear again. I was very sure meanwhile this adventure would not be finished yet, though of saving the crowns and the dimension key. But I had no ideas what still could wait for me now.

Well, I had to wait not very long, for the current night after arriving home I began to dream again. A wonderful dream of I world I really was so much in love with. The world of all good dreams, the world of Luuna!

She appeared again, speaking to me with her tenderly voice of peace and love. And here is what we talked this time:

Welcome back again to my world, Lara! I am so happy to sea you again, and I knew you would succeed! We all believed in you and your abilities, and all the magical worlds of good and light owe you so much. And though, your journey is not yet over. I even have to tell you the most difficult part is still waiting for you, but I hope you are still willing to continue. For we need your further help…

No problem, Luuna, of course I will continue, as long as all tasks are fulfilled and the dimensions are free of all evil again. But there are further questions after the last part of the journey, and I hope you will answer them again.

I’ll try, Lara, so ask your questions!

Well, at the end of the mission with those seven golden crowns I found something very unusual, at least for a magical dimension. I found a record and a phonograph, and as I used both I could listen to a known Christmas melody from Earth. This seemed strange to me, or my so far imaginations about the true background of this journey were absolute wrong. I have some doubts now, and I think you can give me further explanations.
So, this complete incredible mission – is it really about saving your life, or is it rather about something whole different in the end? Could it be possible my explorations would not be what they seemed to me so far? Would all this mission somehow deal with Christmas?

I always knew you are a very smart person, Lara, and this is another reason why we have chosen you for this mission besides your further abilities. And so, the answer is yes. All of this has very much to do with Christmas, and I hope you will forgive me this little deception. But it was necessary, because this mission had to be solved by a special person, and the only one we could imagine for were you. And feeling the spell my presence caused for you I used this advantage to get you on this mission. This happened because I was not sure you would do so with knowing the real truth, I thought you perhaps would not be prepared for it yet. I am sorry, but I saw no other choice…

I am not angry, Luuna, for I can understand you. But wouldn’t now be the right time for the whole truth?

Yes, Lara, I agree. You deserve to learn about the truth, and I am sure you will accept it after all you experienced so far. This whole mission was not about to save my life then, for it never can get in danger, as long as I don’t leave this dimension. Also nothing evil ever can reach it, we are save here for eternity.
In fact all the danger affects another dimension – more than one, the dimensions of Santa Claus! And yes to your next question, if you want to ask me, he is a real living person, and all those Earth legends about him, they are true. At least parts of them, because at a certain point truth and legends always begin to intermingle. But he is the one being in danger, and if we can’t save him all his dimensions will disappear forever. And more, also all the good deeds he is responsible for around your world and beyond…

Well, somehow I’m not surprised, not at all. I began to intuit about something like that within the last chapter of this mission, and after all I saw so far, how could I not believe even Santa Claus is a real living person? And if it is true, that he is in danger, then I will not hesitate to rescue him, if I am able to!

Thank you, Lara, I am so glad to hear about this, for I can not leave my dimension to rescue Santa myself. And yes, you are able to rescue him, now that you have laid the foundation for the last deciding mission. So I tell you about the details now, as I know them, and you will have to find out the rest for yourself. The last answers, however, Santa Claus will give you himself, if you’re able to reach him then. But as I believed in you so far, I also do for the future. I know you will rescue Santa and his dimensions, so he can continue with his good work – for eternity.
However, what I still can tell you about this further part of the whole mission is only about the disappearing of Santa, for we presume he has been kidnapped during the evil attack onto his dimensions. All the worlds you visited so far belong to his huge realm, except mine, and there are still more. The evil forces only attacked his dimensions in order to destroy them, but they failed – at least so far. The attack is not over yet, all remaining evil forces on Earth still try to destroy the barriers between the dimensions, but now, with the key and the crowns, the advantage is on our side. We have won time for our last mission, for the enemy can do nothing else now except waiting for the end of the race. This means all further things lying in your hands now…

Please, Luuna, explain this to me!

As long as the dimension key and the seven golden crowns were lost evil had the chance to reveal all secrets every moment and running down all the magical dimensions of Santa Claus. In fact they even partially did, as there was a bloody battle yet between the forces of good and evil. But we could beat off the attack this one time. Now the evil forces are concentrating more and more troops at the barriers of the dimensions of light, and we know Santa’s worlds won’t be able to survive another wave of attack. Not if the barriers finally would fall. And the dark forces never get tired to run against them – as long as the walls begin to break.
For the moment Santa is only trapped in one of his own dimensions, but if the evil really can conquer his realm, if they can destroy all protection measures there, then Santa will no loner be immortal himself. He would die, and his all his worlds with him. This is the truth, and this is why it is still a race. A race only you can win for us all, Lara. But be careful, it won’t be easy! The tasks waiting for you this time will still be harder…

No problem, I am always prepared for the worst! And this is enough to know for me now. Time is still short, and I set out on the next journey at once, if you can bring me into the next destination world. Do you know where I have to start my search?

Yes, I do, Lara. And if you are prepared, then close your eyes. I will get you into the next world of Santa with the dimension key.

Thank you for your faith in me, Luuna! And I will not disappoint you, I promise. I will rescue Santa Claus and Christmas for sure…

Immagine

The conversation with Luuna was over again, and I did what she asked me to. Closing my eyes all got dark again around me, and for some few moments I fell asleep again. Then I opened my eyes again and began to smile at once. The world had really changed, and a further part of my whole mission could begin…
Lara for ever
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Re: Episode 16 - Santa Claus, Part 1

Messaggio da Lara for ever »

Level 1: Santa Claus

So, the world had changed, but not the environment. All I could see still was about ice and snow, and I was very sure all the dimension of Santa Claus would look like this. So much to bear upon the Earth legends for the North Pole. All legends seem to somewhere base on a true core then.
But Santa Claus! Now it really was a Christmas story, what a incredible change of this mission! And I was really about to meet Santa Claus, the real Santa Claus, as I always considered him as only a legend, but never as a real person. But somehow all legends seemed to come true in this marvellous adventure, and Christmas suddenly got a whole new meaning for me. I was very sure to think it over after this mission, but first there was only one point to think about now. To find and rescue Santa Claus! And so I was on my way again, walking through a further world of ice and snow…

Immagine

It did not take very much time to find my next destination. But the further way was blocked, for I first had to complete the four statues you can see here, in order to open the big portal in the foreground. So I had to explore the proximity first, to find and get the missing pieces of the four statues.

Immagine

After getting the first silver star, by succeeding in a run against the clock, here I found the second star, protected by dangerous traps, in the form of huge snowy boulders, as you can see…

Immagine

I was successful again! The second silver star was mine…

Immagine

Here you can see my third task. And Luuna was right, the challenges were much harder now to solve, some preparations from evil before their forces turned into stone – before all life turned into stone in those magical dimensions…

Immagine

After also succeeding with the third star I reached a deep pit in the snow. This was the way to the last silver star, down into the abyss…

Immagine

Would you believe such barriers could stop me?

Immagine

Well, a new challenge! After arriving at this point I was not so sure about succeeding within this task, but I had no choice…

Immagine

A dangerous sliding and jumping tour…

Immagine

Finally, still alive! I could continue my mission, so back to the big portal to find out what would wait for me behind…

Immagine

Activating the statues…

Immagine

…and the portal finally opened. I was very excited, because I knew Santa Claus was not far away any more. I could feel his mighty aura yet…

Immagine

Now I understood which dimension this was. I had really reached the plants of Santa Claus, all the presents for our world had been manufactured here. Through the lattice I could even see the yet loaded sleigh of Santa Claus. And also his reindeer and some of the good dwarfs. But as all further life they also had turned into stone. What a really sad sight…

Immagine

I entered a part of the huge workshop of Santa Claus. I had to solve some puzzles here in order to continue…

Immagine

Immagine

Another puzzle, and as you can see even with some huge present crates. But once again I could find the solution…

Immagine

And I found the prison of Santa, he was trapped in a part of his own workshop, because of a barrier of dark magic, left by the evil forces before they turned into stone. But I was able to burst this field of force finally…

Immagine

It was true! It was all true! Santa Claus was here, and he was alive, not even sleeping or turned into stone. I could release him from his prison, and really, for some few, but indescribable moments I saw him. I really saw him passing, before he disappeared straight through a wall.
But, well, this wasn’t all yet. Suddenly he even spoke to me, I really could hear his deep and mighty voice resounding through the air. And this is what he told me:

Immagine

Thank you, Lara, thank you very much! You have saved me now, trough all challenges and dangers, whole selfless with risking your own life so often. This important mission will never be forgotten – but it isn’t over yet. Christmas is not yet safe again, for there is one last task to be fulfilled. But I have not the time or abilities to do so, and also the mission is very dangerous again.
As you can see life still stands still, though you saved me – but the problem is within one further dimension, where the real source of my powers can be found. Fortunately the evil forces were not able to destroy it before freezing, but they altered almost the whole world. It is the true and only home of Santa Claus, but now full of dangers and traps – those traps you have encountered so far are nothing in comparison with those ones waiting there. You will need all your abilities to survive, but I hope you won’t deny. You are still our only hope for rescuing all our worlds and Christmas. Because with turning this last world into its former condition, the last victory will be ours then. If you succeed all good life in our dimensions will wake up again, while the evil will die. All the evil remaining in our dimensions, it will whole be destroyed.
Begin your search in the structure of an ancient temple then, you will find it soon for sure. So, what is your answer? Will you continue the mission?

Well, what do you think I could have answered? Any doubts? Of course not. The one and only answer was “yes”, and so the great Christmas mission continued. Once more I fell into a deep sleep, and once more I was back in the world of Luuna. At least for some seconds, as she transported me further at once. No more talking, no single word, only darkness for some seconds.
Where would I get now? And what would be waiting for me in this last and defining mission? Follow me into the next chapter, and you’ll find out…

The End of Episode 16
Rispondi