Episode 17 - Santa Claus, Part 2

Based on a lavel by Clara

A very special Christmas Story for Laras Adventure Diary... / Una storia di Natale molto speciale..
Rispondi
Lara for ever
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Episode 17 - Santa Claus, Part 2

Messaggio da Lara for ever »

Immagine

Annotation: This story part base on the level “Icy Christmas” by Clara

Immagine

Lara’s Adventure Diary, Part 17

Hello, friends! And it begins at once, the new part of the adventure! After a long and interesting journey now I found myself at the beginning of the last section, the final task was waiting. This time I could not get much information before my arrival, for there wasn’t time enough. I only knew what I had to search for, the true power source of Santa Claus, the power source of his home. It was almost hard to believe, but I really visited all the worlds of Santa Claus! The true Santa Claus, which only would be a legend, as I believed just some time before. But not at all, he existed! He really was as true as all the further fantastic creatures I met before, as dwarfs, fairies or a unicorn. And now Santa Claus. The myth was really true.
But well, however, there was no time at the moment to further think about all this. I had to find this power source and get it working again, so this terrible war between good and evil could finally end.
So, I was a true warrior of good and light, a warrior for Luuna and Santa Claus. And I would continue to fight for them until victory or death – so much was for sure. With standing in this new dimension the final battle could begin at last…

Level 1: Icy Christmas

After walking through further ice and snow for some hours I reached a cave, and I crossed it. At the other end of this cave I paused for a moment, looking outside and smiling satisfied. I had found my destination…

Immagine

…an ancient temple area, where the search for the power source could finally start. And I was curious what challenges would wait for me this time…

Immagine

A nice environment, I could also see some reindeers walking by. But, well, a further mission was waiting for me…

Immagine

I found a way to enter the temple after solving some puzzles…

Immagine

A different perspective from another floor. Beautiful, isn’t it?

Immagine

Another puzzle to solve in this room, but I could continue soon. My way brought me down then, down into an underground area…

Immagine

A little pond, and a strange colour. Where would this way lead me then?

Immagine

Diving time. And this underwater way opened a new area for me at last, after solving further tasks…

Immagine

Tasks as to find a hidden lever...

Immagine

Timed jumps, to reach a higher floor…

Immagine

Or getting access to another valley, which seemed not reachable at the first glance. But of course I found a way at last…

Immagine

Finally I found myself in a huge underground valley, and it was very impressing! All constructions, partially artificial, were made of ice, and I could also learn about my further way to go. It was climbing and jumping time, because my way would lead me upwards upon those high columns, to finally reach an upper floor. But this was a long way to go, and not an easy one. I remembered the words of Santa, and he was right. This was a good impression about what further challenges to expect…

Immagine

Looking at the destination from one of the columns. This was really hard work, for the evil had enough time to alter this actually peaceful world into one of hard challenges and deadly traps.

Immagine

The last climbing part before reaching safe ground again…

Immagine

Well, the “safe” ground again. As you can see the next challenge was waiting yet. I had to slide down there, but the way was blocked with a fire trap. This was a matter of exact timing – or dying…

Immagine

As I reached safe ground once more my way was blocked again by some locked doors. I needed a fire here to ignite some flares hanging at the walls, but I had none. But I found something else, something I could activate. But the result was surprising, more than surprising.
See for yourself, what happened, why I was thunderstruck…

Immagine

And once more no illusion, not at all! An angle! A true angle, and it really spoke to me! I only heard the voice in my head, but I heard it. And it told me, for all the evil threats in this dimension this was one time the good forces could help me as a little balance. And so this wonderful angle opened the doors for me before disappearing again…

Immagine

Incredible, really incredible, but true! But soon my way was blocked again, and this time I had to find a solution on my own. Those spikes were deadly, I could not pass them in any way, so there had to be another option. I had to revert for searching one.

Immagine

And I found it – within this fascinating room. Fascinating, but also a death trap again! There were deadly floor tiles around, and only the big mirror could show me which. But I had to move between those tiles, in order to push the statues at their right places. Not easy, not at all…

Immagine

After the statues standing at the right positions the task was not over yet, as you can see. I also had to succeed with rope swinging, to get two needed items.

Immagine

Back in the blocked cave again. And those two items helped my now to deactivate the deadly spikes, so I could finally pass.

Immagine

The mission continued. Where would it lead me now? Follow me further then, a next big surprise was already waiting for me…

I reached a wonderful outside area again. And with entering a further reindeer greeted me with running past. But except the beautiful environment there was something still more fascinating to discover…

Immagine

…a castle, a huge and most impressing castle straight under the ice! And I had to find a way to get down there, for I knew, this was my final destination! This really was the true and only home of Santa Claus, and the place for his source of power.
Perhaps you can imagine how excited I was at this moment, with my heart beating very fast…

Immagine

And I found the solution, a boulder of ice could break the ice of the ground, a hole big enough for me to climb down to the castle. So, down there at once…

Immagine

On the roof of the castle! And arriving there I could learn about my next challenge very quickly. I had to reach an opening in one of the outside walls next to the castle, but this meant a big, a very big timerun. Or to specify, a threefold timerun beyond many raising platforms. Bad, really bad, but I had no other choice! And so the footrace began…

Immagine

Reaching this climbable wall I had finally succeeded! This had been a really hard challenge, and I hoped the last one then…

Immagine

Some recovering with a little puzzle room…

Immagine

…and finally the reward, I got the item the timerun should bring me to. Would I now be able to get access to the castle? Let’s find out…

Immagine

Back to the roof of the castle again, and then down to the ground, for I needed a receptacle for the item I just found.

Immagine

I came to a small side room of the castle, finding a beautiful crystal. And this was the final item I needed, placing this crystal would activate the castle again with opening it. I really understood now – the source of power for Santa Claus, it was this huge castle itself! So, there was only one place where I still could go now…

Immagine

…the big entrance portal! I really found the receptacle for the crystal here, but before placing I first took a closer look at this beautiful scene. Another reindeer sleight of Santa, but also still frozen…

Immagine

…as those younger reindeer in a small stable. But I could wake them up now, with finally using the crystal I just found…

Immagine

So, victory at last! The last dimension of Santa Claus worked again, it had returned to life! And also the castle was no longer blocked, for the big front door had opened. And you wouldn’t believe I stayed outside, would you?
I can not tell how curious I was, but though, something kept me from entering. Perhaps the indescribable respect for Santa Claus, and the awe I felt in my heart?
This really was a haunting moment for me, but then I was really invited. I could hear the voice of Santa again, as he spoke to me in my head:

Immagine

Don’t worry, Lara, enter my home now! You are more than welcome, after all you did for me and my worlds, after rescuing them of all evil forces! Our borders are save again now, and so is Christmas! I can not really thank you as you would deserve it, for no thanks would be enough! But at least get a little reward, it waits for you inside…

Well, I entered the home of Santa Claus! Very careful and only slowly, step by step, but I did it! I could hear some beautiful music, but not from another phonograph.
This wonderful music came from another source – and I could only believe it resounded straight from heaven. At least to me it was like angles singing, for celebrating the victory of the battle against the evil. Believe it or not, I can not give any other explanation.
And so I found the present Santa talked about. What would it be then? Well, I did not open it yet. Though I was so curious, I knew it should still wait a little time. It should wait until returning home at last…

Immagine

The last impression of that wonderful place, as my camera flew above the castle, to show it in its full magnificence. Of course I still stayed a little while at least, for enjoying this really indescribable atmosphere – simply an unique experience!

Immagine

But finally I had to leave again, for the journey was over now. And being prepared for returning home it happened at once. I suddenly felt very tired and slipped to the floor, falling asleep immediately.
I was on my homeward bound again…

The End of Episode 17
Rispondi