Mists of Avalon - part 2

Presentazione degli ultimi livelli in lavorazione / Presentation of the latest Level on work

Moderatore: LoreRaider

mujuju
New TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da mujuju »

Titak ha scritto:
30 maggio 2017, 17:32
That's what counts. It's important to find something that you like doing, whatever that might be. A nice hobby is always good. :approved:
Exactly. Thank you, Titak for understanding.
Teone
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Teone »

Titak ha scritto:
30 maggio 2017, 17:32
I used Lara's default death animations in MoA1, except for some special ones like in the blue liquid and when firing guns in the last area with the skeleton. So I'm not sure which one you mean.
Yes, I meant the special one. That animation is beautiful but a bit long, because when Lara dies I want to reload immediately, instead the animation forces me to wait and listen to that frightening scream. 43_12
Anyway, it's not a big problem. There's a simple solution: never die! 8)

Bronze Reviewer (20 Bronze Award)
Titak
New TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Titak »

Well, if that scream frightens you then I think I've accomplished my mission in that case. It was supposed to be dramatic. :D

I have no custom deaths like that so far in MoA2.
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Nillc »

Nillc ha scritto:
30 maggio 2017, 19:13
@Titak, that's ok :) I've been loving your works for so long by now, I even wrote the walkthrough for Himalayan Mysteries :)

Can you tell us something about a release date for MoA2, even an indicative one?
I quote myself as my post has been put down :D

Platinum Reviewer (301 Platinum Award) :: Best Reviewer Apr 2021 :: | Bronze Award 19 | | Golden Award 20 |
Titak
New TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Titak »

^
I was about to quote your post myself, because I noticed I hadn't replied to it yet. :D

Thank you, I take that as a compliment. :D

I really have no idea how long it will take me to finish MoA2.
I hope by the time we get to 2020 but I can't guarantee anything.
It's going pretty slowly... :oops:
mujuju
New TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da mujuju »

2020 proves how much attention to detail is spent on each game. :approved:
Titak
New TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Titak »

That or perhaps I'm just a slow builder.
But yeah, I can spend a lot of time on something.
Even on little things like the look of those fluorescent crystals.
I keep changing little details untill I think it is right. So that makes for slow progress... Pffff.
Makes you wonder how it is even possible I've released as many levels as I have. :huahua:
mujuju
New TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da mujuju »

Titak ha scritto:
01 giugno 2017, 22:18
Even on little things like the look of those fluorescent crystals.
I used to do that a lot with some objects too. I still do it now! But it's' good that we do that to make sure we've gotten the best of the best. :approved:
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Nillc »

Here in Apulia we say something that sounds like "Hope to stay alive 'til then" :D

Platinum Reviewer (301 Platinum Award) :: Best Reviewer Apr 2021 :: | Bronze Award 19 | | Golden Award 20 |
vimmers
Average TR Player
Average TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da vimmers »

great pics titia
i wonder will it be possible to play from part 1
or do we have to start a new game
Titak
New TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Titak »

Thanks. :D

The games will stay seperate.
So new game it is when starting MoA part 2. :D

The game will start with the cutscene at the end of part one, minus the shower scene.
Just so people will be reminded a bit of part 1, where it stopped.
I can imagine people not always wanting to replay part 1 before going to part 2.

After the cutscene in the techroom, there will be another cutscene of Lara talking to Zip and Alister, in the cottage where they went after Lara asked them to go to the shore to setup a "dig site".

Both cutscenes can be skipped by hitting Esc.
That way you can skip at least the techroom cutscene if you just happened to have played part 1. :D
Syberia
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Syberia »

Beautiful screens Titak!! Truly breath-taking!! :love: :love: :love: I look forward to it!! :love: Thank you for keeping us updated! :approved:

Golden Reviewer (134 Golden Award)
Titak
New TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Titak »

Thanks. :D
And you're welcome.

I've made some progress in the Remnants of Atlantis level.
Had to split the level, what else is new... But now I should have room to put everything I wanted to put in it. So far so good.
Working on a sort of hydroponic gardens section.
Titak
New TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Titak »

A little update. :D

Been working on the "Remnants of Atlantis" levels.

And underwater level in which Lara has to fight off some divers and she has to open the doors to the ruins.
Immagine

Not finished obviously, since there are still gaps on either side of the disks, but the basic setup works. :D
Obviously inspired by the TRU round disk doors although mine don't open up in that fancy way...

And here are two screenshots of a water collumn room that you'll come across once you are inside the ruins.
Lara has to "jump" from water collumn to water collumn to safely make it to the ground.

Immagine

Immagine

The water in those colummns streams upwards a bit, but there's no current in them.

It is not very obvious from these screenshots, but these ruins are quite colourfull.
My first idea for them was to make them Greek-themed, because as legend has it, the later Greeks were descendents of the Atlanteans. And even though I really like the TRA Greek textures, I didn't really fancy another rather dullcoloured level.
Other levels of this game take place underground as well and they have rather dark brownish grey colours as well, apart from the lighting and some objects.
I then started using textures from the "Perfect World" game. So it is more colourfull and more fantasy-like now. :D
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Nillc »

:love: Lovely as usual, Titak! The screenshots make me want to play it so bad! Shame we still have a looong wait til then :(

Rispondi