Learn english with AspideTR

[topic of the week: England]

Non solo Lara Croft: attualità, cultura, curiosità, sport e molto altro / Beyond Lara Croft: news, shows, curiosity, sport and more
antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

Guys, I was looking for online teachers on youtube and I found a really good one:
http://it.youtube.com/user/duncaninchina
The last channel I posted wasn't good like this: there were just some videos, to attend the lessons you had to pay...
But Mr Duncan postes video almost every week, and everything he does on web is free...
Her speaking too is understable and he's funnier than Mr. Steve...
Click on the "Learning English Video" playlist: I found the first quite ununderstable because he talks using a pet too (eheheh), but I'm watching the others and I like them very much.
It's a good way to improve in english, because I think the biggest difficulty to improve is the understanding.
I do an example: in the fourth video he uses the word "freezing" quit fastly: I didn't know that word and I didn't understand it... After that I didn't understand nothing anymore, because I missed a part of the speech... So, I played back the video and I listened that word; I searched it on a dictonary and I understood everything he said after.
Sometimes english people talk too fast and we don't understand what they say, if we know that words too... So it's very important to listen people talking..
Oh my god, how much of things I wrote...
Ok, I must stop it now :D

[youtube][/youtube]

Bronze Reviewer (20 Bronze Award)
[i]You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one....[/i]
Greywolf
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Greywolf »

Sometimes english people talk too fast and we don't understand what they say, if we know that words too... So it's very important to listen people talking...
That's real! Luckily when Jean-Luc phone us, and, as usually I'm the only one who answer (Why always me? :cry: ) he speaks slowly because probably realize my difficulties (and he's french, so his way to speak is more similar to italian one... and he represent a very important purchaser for our work! :shock: ).

When J-Luc calls, of course, my work-associates, if they are in the same room with me, start writing on papers some sentences to give me a boost ( 14_39 14_4 ), like "You're awesome!", "We are all with you!" and so on.

21_7 9_19 21_10

Golden Reviewer (122 Golden Award)
antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

Do someone else want to tell us about his experience in England? Or do we change topic :) ?

antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

Hey guys, how are you?
Why don't we talk about what we did for the xmas day? Or about what we're gonna do for the last day of 2008?
Have you interesting programs? :)

Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

For Christmas I've been in Lecce with my relatives... it was quite a good lunch and I had the oppourtunity to talk with my uncles, as we can't meet during the rest of the year (safe for Easter and summer ;)).
I don't know what I'm going to do for New Year's Eve: maybe I will meet my friends (unless they want to go to some mega-dinner that costs 50 euros for plate!) or I'll stay with my parents.
I'd rather be at home with my boyfriend, but he's going to have relatives at home for that day :(

Platinum Reviewer (301 Platinum Award) :: Best Reviewer Apr 2021 :: | Bronze Award 19 | | Golden Award 20 |
antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

I'm afraid you can't see your boyfriend for the New Year's Eve... but you know, after that day you'll have an all new year to see you each other :)
I don't know too what I'm gonna do tomorrow for the new year's eve, I think I will stay at home.. My parent's don't agree to go out that night, they're quite paranoic... They say that everybody's drunk, everybody shoots and that is pretty dangerous... Yeah, in their mind we live in far west...
My sister is gone to a New Year's party for the first time when she was 19.... :?
But I wanna think positive, I think at the new year and all the new chances...

Arch
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Arch »

antoxx92 ha scritto:I'm afraid you can't see your boyfriend for the New Year's Eve...
Why? Did you kidnap him? :asd:
► Mostra testo
antoxx92
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da antoxx92 »

► Mostra testo

robym72
Average TR Player
Average TR Player

Messaggio da robym72 »

antoxx u can say : "i'm sorry to hear (or to know) that you won't see (or meet) your girlfriend" :)

can i make practise together with you?
i have an english friend (he comes from Liverpool) who is in my multiplayer clan and i'll try to convince him to type in this forum ...so... who better than him can help us with this beautiful language? :)

what do you think about that? :)
Blu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Messaggio da Blu »

Great idea Robym :D :approved:

Golden Reviewer (157 Golden Award)
robym72
Average TR Player
Average TR Player

Messaggio da robym72 »

ok blu :)
in this period this guy is very busy so i don't know when he will type here but he is already registered and the nick is scousjeff...his name is Jeff :)
Scousejeff
New TR Player

Messaggio da Scousejeff »

Please feel free to ask me about anything about my language that you are unsure of and i will be very glad to help anybody :approved: :D
Eveline Catwoman
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Re: Learn english with AspideTR

Messaggio da Eveline Catwoman »

53_44
...this topic is really a good idea, so I can also improve my English by practicing it. So I wanted to tell you about a move that I learned recently in the pc version:....Well, when Lara goes down to pass over the tunnels you can roll it so many times by pressing the shutter ("scatto" in italian, i don't know how to translate this word), so you can go any faster if there was a time trial as the first level, at the beginning of "prison in Nevada ".... But you can use this move only in the remaking of 4 onwards.
dO YOU KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT IT?...

Bronze Reviewer (47 Bronze Award)
Greywolf
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Greywolf »

You can translate "scatto" with "dash".

I din't know this move for Lara. Thanks!

Golden Reviewer (122 Golden Award)
Eveline Catwoman
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Messaggio da Eveline Catwoman »

53_29 nevermind Greywolf,thank you very much, you are always very kind, then...thank you for clarifying the word dash, I didn't know about it, hehe!
However,do you understand how the move is? It's so cool, especially in time trials can be very useful, you know ..... but it works only in the remaking of TR4, maybe.... in "prison in nevada" without this move i could'nt continue...
53_42
► Mostra testo
congratulations for your nickname which I like a lot because I love wolves too... 53_44

Bronze Reviewer (47 Bronze Award)
«MODERAZIONE? Ne ho abbastanza dei vostri modi di fare parigini! VOGLIO RISULTATI!»
"Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness" (2003)
Rispondi