Mists of Avalon - part 2

Presentazione degli ultimi livelli in lavorazione / Presentation of the latest Level on work

Moderatore: LoreRaider

mujuju
New TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da mujuju »

Yeah I know the inside manor's living room area was huge and empty af.
The initial reason was because just moved in and hadn't finished unpacking everything.

Another reason I struggle so much was, I just don't like the layout of TRLE - NGLE room editor. Trying to build environments with this didn't fit well. Regardless of meta2tr, that didn't work any better for either building rooms.

Some people are better suited towards one thing or the other.
I'm better suited with Unity, than TRLE. The layout's easier better for me.

But without a doubt, Titak and everyone else's levels are amazing!

If I could pick a level from Mist Resurrection that (I guess) looked the best in my eyes are:
The Sochen Cave Palace and Cistern Waterway. Maybe Desert Palace - since I tried sculpting that from scratch. But at least I tried this time.

Good work, Titak! :approved:
Titak
New TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Titak »

LoreRaider ha scritto:
28 maggio 2017, 21:00
Amazing work Titia! I still have to finish part 1 (time doesn't help in these days XD), I hope I can finish it as soon as possible :D
Thanks. :D
And welcome to the "lazy player" club then.
I'm a member myself. [:^]

Whenever I start playing a level, I never go on for a long time, even if the level is super interesting.
I keep going back to working on my own levels. Addicted? :huahua:
Needless to say I have a whole lot of unfinished business sitting on my HD. :oops:

@ Dwight:
You sure did try.
With all the levels that are part of The Mist Resurrection. :D
Nobody is saying otherwise. People can see that even when they have comments on how it look and on what should have been improved.

I'm fine with working with the editor, but I agree on it being blocky and it's hard to disguise that if you are going for a more detailed look.
And it is hard to get some decent human proportions into rooms.
Like with that fisherman's cottage for example. Making the objects like the couches, table, chairs and kitchen counter a proper size I noticed that the living room was too large at first.
So I reduced the size to give it more of a small cottage feeling.

Lots of patience required here... I do not want to know how many hours I've already spent on that entire cottage alone!
And not even all Meta2TR work has been done yet! :huahua:
mujuju
New TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da mujuju »

Titak ha scritto:
28 maggio 2017, 22:07
@ Dwight:
You sure did try.
With all the levels that are part of The Mist Resurrection. :D
Nobody is saying otherwise. People can see that even when they have comments on how it look and on what should have been improved.
I guess that's all that matters is that I tried this time.
25+ levels -1 for inspiration. I guess I did a mediocre job.
If QRS denies I asked him; why am I not surprised?
Witch hunt me now, TRF.
Titak ha scritto:
I'm fine with working with the editor, but I agree on it being blocky and it's hard to disguise that if you are going for a more detailed look.
And it is hard to get some decent human proportions into rooms.
Every time I open up the room editor to start a level, my dyslexia kills me.
Seeing this, and thinking, "how am I supposed to create what I want with this?"
Titak ha scritto:
Like with that fisherman's cottage for example. Making the objects like the couches, table, chairs and kitchen counter a proper size I noticed that the living room was too large at first.
I never liked how I had to make base objects with texturing in Strpix. I prefer all objects I make UV mapped. Meta2tr was a big help with that, but still too limited.
Nevertheless, the fisherman's cottage is a beauty!
See your levels always inspired me Titak. I tried too hard to match what i built in Mist resurrection to your quality levels and would lose focus on what I really wanted to create.
Starting with the Ogir-Yensa Sandsea.
Instead inspiring the environment from FFXII, I was trying to compare it to CC2- The Canyon level, and, you'll see the result when you get there.
Titak ha scritto:
So I reduced the size to give it more of a small cottage feeling.

Lots of patience required here... I do not want to know how many hours I've already spent on that entire cottage alone!
And not even all Meta2TR work has been done yet! :huahua:
Yep, lots of patience, and even with that patience, I just couldn't wrap my head around this as well as I do Unity.
Talos
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Talos »

Titak ha scritto:
28 maggio 2017, 18:26
And the larger bay.
bay14.jpg

View from the small beach.
bay13.jpg

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: AMAZING!
Titak ha scritto:
28 maggio 2017, 18:24

The fisherman's cottage where Zip and Alister have setup their techcenter.
Cottage01.jpg

Outside, looking towards the cottage.
This is a rather old screen, but the basics haven't changed. There are just a bit more trees nowadays.
MoA2-cottage01.jpg

Lara has to find her find to the next bay and she does so by going through these rocky passages.
Not really something special and you can't really tell from the screenshot, but I like the kind of atmosphere I've created for this passage.
cove01-rockpath01.jpg
:love: :love: :love:

Golden Reviewer (106 Golden Award)
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Nillc »

Hi Titak, glad to see you here :)
I already opened a thread here a couple of months ago, regarding your new levelset; but my informations are far worse than yours, as I just followed the ones in TRF forums and yours... well, come directely from your head :D Maybe Blu could unite the two topics, or delete mine.

Platinum Reviewer (301 Platinum Award) :: Best Reviewer Apr 2021 :: | Bronze Award 19 | | Golden Award 20 |
Titak
New TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Titak »

mujuju ha scritto:
29 maggio 2017, 03:22
Every time I open up the room editor to start a level, my dyslexia kills me.
Seeing this, and thinking, "how am I supposed to create what I want with this?"

Yep, lots of patience, and even with that patience, I just couldn't wrap my head around this as well as I do Unity.
Really sounds like Unity is more your program then. :mumble:

I'd like to work with Unity as well, or something similar, but I'm not up to the task of coding/programming the whole TR style into it. If I'll ever do give it a try it'll have to be with a ready-made basic package that has all of Lara's physics in it as well as a sort of TR style engine.
Like in case nicobass will eventually release a package with his Lara and the TR stuff he has coded for his TR2 remake.
Just like how we got the TRLE in the first place: engine, wads with Lara and her abilities, some triggers and some scripting.

@ Nillc:
Nice thread! :approved:
Well, we could just keep this thread but add that bottom screenshot showing Lara in her wetsuit with diving gear?
The rest is pretty much represented in this thread now.
nad
Average TR Player
Average TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da nad »

Hi Titak
All screens are just fantastic.
:approved: :approved: :approved:
Simone

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Simone »

Hi Titia, all are beautiful :D

Guest Reviewer (2)
Ranpyon
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Ranpyon »

I'm in love with those screens!! :love: :love: :love:
mujuju
New TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da mujuju »

Titak ha scritto:
29 maggio 2017, 18:04
Really sounds like Unity is more your program then. :mumble:
Yeah, it really is. Remember when I told you I was working on one with Unity too?
Well I was, but stopped, because that project wasn't what I wanted to do.
Now I've started on what I really want to do.
Titak ha scritto:
29 maggio 2017, 18:04
I'd like to work with Unity as well, or something similar, but I'm not up to the task of coding/programming the whole TR style into it. If I'll ever do give it a try it'll have to be with a ready-made basic package that has all of Lara's physics in it as well as a sort of TR style engine.
Like in case nicobass will eventually release a package with his Lara and the TR stuff he has coded for his TR2 remake.
Just like how we got the TRLE in the first place: engine, wads with Lara and her abilities, some triggers and some scripting.
I absolutely love coding and programming; designing as well. Makes it all boat well here.
If nicobass is really looking to make such a release. It would be interesting! :approved:

Until then. Let's all drool over the gorgeous MoA screens. :)
Teone
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Teone »

I can't wait to play MoA Part 2 :love:
The only thing I didn't like of Part 1 was the animation and the shout of Lara's death. Too dramatic! 43_12
Will you preserve this feature in part 2 too?

Bronze Reviewer (20 Bronze Award)
psiko
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da psiko »

those screens are out of this world, unbelievably wonderful :) very good :love: :approved:
Titak
New TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Titak »

Thanks everybody. :D

mujuju ha scritto:
30 maggio 2017, 01:09
Yeah, it really is. Remember when I told you I was working on one with Unity too?
Well I was, but stopped, because that project wasn't what I wanted to do.
Now I've started on what I really want to do.
That's what counts. It's important to find something that you like doing, whatever that might be. A nice hobby is always good. :approved:

Teone ha scritto:
30 maggio 2017, 15:14
I can't wait to play MoA Part 2 :love:
The only thing I didn't like of Part 1 was the animation and the shout of Lara's death. Too dramatic! 43_12
Will you preserve this feature in part 2 too?
Thanks.
It'll be at least a couple more years before it is finally finished. There's still a lot that needs to be done. :D

I used Lara's default death animations in MoA1, except for some special ones like in the blue liquid and when firing guns in the last area with the skeleton. So I'm not sure which one you mean. :mumble:
But I did indeed change the sound of her scream.
I've been fiddling with sounds a lot for MoA2, so I can't even be sure if I'm still using the same sounds for her dying. :mumble:
ultraXgiotr99
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da ultraXgiotr99 »

Welcome Titak :D :hello:
Wonderful progress and wonderful screen :shock: :love: . Looking forward for new news :D :approved:

Platinum Reviewer (263 Platinum Award) | Bronze Award 13 |
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Mists of Avalon - part 2

Messaggio da Nillc »

@Titak, that's ok :) I've been loving your works for so long by now, I even wrote the walkthrough for Himalayan Mysteries :)

Can you tell us something about a release date for MoA2, even an indicative one?

Platinum Reviewer (301 Platinum Award) :: Best Reviewer Apr 2021 :: | Bronze Award 19 | | Golden Award 20 |
Rispondi