Learn english with AspideTR

[topic of the week: England]

Non solo Lara Croft: attualità, cultura, curiosità, sport e molto altro / Beyond Lara Croft: news, shows, curiosity, sport and more
Greywolf
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Re: Learn english with AspideTR

Messaggio da Greywolf »

Probably it's a new move for Lara: that's possible if you edit new custom levels using NGLE (Next Generation Level Editor).
► Mostra testo

Golden Reviewer (122 Golden Award)
Eveline Catwoman
Senior TR Player
Senior TR Player

Messaggio da Eveline Catwoman »

5_416 Very good advice thanks, I'll try.... :approved:

► Mostra testo
53_5 53_66

Bronze Reviewer (47 Bronze Award)
«MODERAZIONE? Ne ho abbastanza dei vostri modi di fare parigini! VOGLIO RISULTATI!»
"Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness" (2003)
Talos
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Talos »

antoxx92 ha scritto: vige una sola regola: parlare in inglese :D .
XD XD XD My apologies...i'm not speak English... now usign Google :wall:
I'm a "Hellenist" (Google Docet) :asd:

Golden Reviewer (106 Golden Award)
Zip 321
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Zip 321 »

Hey all, why don't we use this topic again?
i find this is a great idea for practicing :)

I can start saying how my day is going on :)

I just woke up at 8:00 AM and now i am in my office getting bored... Not so much work to do, but it takes a long time to get finished, that's why i said i am getting bored. The weather is really sunny, 22° celsius.
After work i will go the gym, i don't really like it, i mean i get out of work very tired and the only thing i want to do after work is to watch some tv series or playing at pc games, but, staying at the pc for the work all day long isn't good for your body, so i need a bit of gym in my life.
That's all :)

Why don't you share your daily routine?

it will be great for starting a conversation all together again :approved:
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

That's a great idea, hope lots of people will join in!

I'm at work, too: right now I'm doing an internship in a well-known multinational Company, I work as a Human Resources generalist in the field of payrolls, benefits and all that jazz. I really like this job and I hope they'll keep me as soon as the internship ends. I also use a lot of English while working!
My jobday ends at 4.30 pm; after that, I'm meeting my boyfriend for a quick coffee and then I hope to get back home. If I'm not too tired, I'll think about going to the gym: I already went yesterday night, and as I'm a Little old I don't know of my body will accept to work out for two days in a row!
After the gym, It Will be too late for almost anything else, so I Guess I will have dinner and then go to bed and watch a movie (or more likely just bits of it) and read some book. Luckily my weekends start on friday, so after today I'll have Just One more workday and then have some rest for three days!

Platinum Reviewer (301 Platinum Award) :: Best Reviewer Apr 2021 :: | Bronze Award 19 | | Golden Award 20 |
Zip 321
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Zip 321 »

I can feel you :huahua:
I use to go to the gym 3 days at weeks, but not in a row.
Is just that my work day can go beyond after 6:00 pm and that means i can be late, that's why i don't go 3 days in a row, otherwise i would have :) .
Sometimes i go on Saturdays too, but just because i payed for it :asd:

ps: I don't think you are an old guy :D. Maybe you are just like me, young outside but old inside :asd:
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

Actually it's quite the contrary: I feel young inside but AM old outside :D

Platinum Reviewer (301 Platinum Award) :: Best Reviewer Apr 2021 :: | Bronze Award 19 | | Golden Award 20 |
Zip 321
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Zip 321 »

Ops :asd:
I was just trying to be kind :D

Anyway, your job seems to be very interesting, i love languages and the fact you have to use the english is fantastic :)
I work as computer consultant, i was very scared at the beginning, but now everything's fine, i really like it and i enjoy staying with my team, they are funny and good :)
Zip 321
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Zip 321 »

Good morning all :)

Have you started the day in a good mood?
I just woke up late, and now i am like a zombie :cry:
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

Sorry for the delay :D

Yesterday I went to my workplace but I didn't actually worked, as I had to join a compulsory security training... it started at 9 a.m and finished around 6 pm, and it really was a pain in the neck. The teacher was boring and he didn't actually speak about security or fire prevention, but just about the laws that regulate such measures. Should a fire spread out in my plant, I don't think that running around and screaming "we must read the art. 81/08!!!" would be helpful :D
After that, I went to Bari, where there was a local feast for Saint Nicholas, the city protector. My boyfriend and I just had a walk around the city, ate some pastries and did a little shopping in a bookstore, and then got home.
I was wishing to sleep late this morning, but my father yelled because he wasn't able to find his hat at 7 am, so I got up in the worst way :D I had a restful morning anyway, and went to the gym at noon. Now I had lunch and then I'm going to Altamura, a town that is located a little far from my home city, in order to go to a book presentation and then have dinner in a local restaurant :)

Zip 321
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Zip 321 »

Should a fire spread out in my plant, I don't think that running around and screaming "we must read the art. 81/08!!!" would be helpful :D
:huahua:

You made me laugh hard in my office :asd:
I went to Bari, where there was a local feast for Saint Nicholas, the city protector
Some of my friends invited me there, but in lack of time it was impossible for me to join the feast :roll:
Did you have fun there? My friends told me it's a gorgeous feast :D

What's the book about you are going to see?

PS: Just to let you know, i don't often read books, i know i am a bad guy :asd:
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

In Bari, we have two feasts for St. Nicholas: the "canon" feast is on December 6th, and it's a delightful and intimate winter feasts, where you can walk around the old city (which is very picturesque and colourful) and eat typical foods, see home-made nativity scenes and stuff like that; the children of Bari, moreover, receive extra gifts in addiction to the Christmas presents on that day.
On May 8th, they celebrate the "Barese St Nicholas feast", which recalls the fact that in 11th century a group of 62 sailors went to Myra, Turkey and stole the bones of Saint Nicholas, which are now buried under the Basilica. For the people of Bari, this is the "real" feast, and they really mean it. Given the fact that it's very close to summer and here the weather is already hot (except this year, which was very cold and rainy :D) they set all the feast on the promenade by the sea. There are markets, fireworks, a scenographic historical parade and every two years the Frecce Tricolori give an acrobatic show.
I'm not quite into it, actually, because unlike the winter feast, the May feast is very messy and crowded, people go mad about it, they don't mind to step on you if they want to pet the horses of the parade, they easily get drunk and there are lots of people who set absuive stalls in order to sell sandwiches, meat and drinks. On wednesday, I had to get across a bridge in order to reach my boyfriend's house, and when I got there I found a lots of car parked on the bridge in two rows and people taking advance of the bridge in order to watch the Frecce show from a higher position. I'm glad it didn't collapse.
On Thursday, anyway, the weather was colder and people didn't go out, so the feast wasn't very crowded and I enjoyed walking around.
Do you live near Bari? If you do and you don't mind walking in crowded places and dealing with rude people, you should come next year.

The presentation I went to yesterday was about the book "Anna Ximenes" by Bianca Tragni. She is an explosive old woman from Altamura, she wrote a lot of books about local history and characters, plus she has a very peculiar attitude, you either hate her or you love her :D Personally I love her, I think that her books are enjoyable and well-written after all.
Moreover, her latest book went out last week and it's been published by the same company that earlier this year published my own book. It's been a pleasure and an honour to know that my book is in the same series of such an excellent writer, even though I'm a newcomer :)

Zip 321
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Zip 321 »

a lots of car parked on the bridge in two rows and people taking advance of the bridge in order to watch the Frecce show from a higher position. I'm glad it didn't collapse.
I am from south too, u know, Sicily, and i think here is even worst than there :asd:
I don't really get why people don't follow road's rules.... Yeah, i admit it, sometimes can happen, but people (
traffic wardens included) get used to it and it's not good because they always block the traffic.
her latest book went out last week and it's been published by the same company that earlier this year published my own book.
So glad to hear that, that's a good goal :love:
I don't know when and how, but i promise you that i will read it!
Zip 321
Advanced TR Player
Advanced TR Player

Messaggio da Zip 321 »

Hi everyone, how's your day going?

Did you already come back to work after summer holdiays?
i DID and it's not a good thing :cry: i mean i had to wait almost a year to get some releax with holidays and just one day to get stressed again :mad:
Jokes aside, i love my work although it can be very stressfull sometimes.
I didn't do so much this summer because of the Covid, sicily has been in serious danger in this last month and happened that some teenagers near my town went to malta and when they came back without checks they spread the virus, but now the situation seems to get better and better and i hope it will end asap ( as soon as possible ).
Nillc
Master TR Player
Master TR Player

Messaggio da Nillc »

This year I didn't actually went on holiday, as a matter of facts I am a freelance again :D anyway, I spent two weeks in Salento, where both my boyfriend and I have a holiday house: his is a country house in the center of the zone, while mine is in the southern part on the seaside, so after all we had a great variety of landscapes and things to see :D
We were planning to go to Naples later this month, but the increase of COVID cases dissuaded us from booking and we delayed our trip to a date to be decided :( hope the situation gets better soon, I miss travelling and feeling safe in a place that is not mine.
I started working again last week, I restarted going to the gym and I'm in the final stages of writing my second book... so I'm too busy to miss summer :D

Rispondi